Feels like a Curse in the Moment

Old 05-29-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feels like a Curse in the Moment

A lot of us spend our time stuck in regret, wishing our lives had turned out differently, and beating ourselves up for the decisions that have led us to this place. We feel cheated out of a life that could have been something better. We feel angry and sad and disappointed. And most of all we feel stuck.

In these moments, it’s easy to focus on all of the things that have gone wrong. It’s easy to focus on the loss and the heartbreak and the pain, but it’s also important to remember all of the things that have gone right. It’s important to remember all of the positive experiences and friendships and growth and laughter you’ve gained — things you would have never taken part in, lessons you would have never learned, and people you would have never met had you not veered off the desired path.

The truth is that every time you thought you were missing out on something important, you were given the opportunity to experience something valuable in its own right. Every time life’s obstacles rejected you from something good, you were being redirected to something, or someone, equally wonderful. You may not have ended up where you intended to go, but trust, for once, that you have ended up where you need to be. Trust that you are in the right place at the right time. Trust that every experience has something to offer you. Trust that something that feels like a curse in the moment can blossom into a blessing.

---
Someone sent this to me the other day and I thought I would share
---
Old 05-30-2013, 06:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you...copied over to my folder...very encouraging!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you as I needed reminding of this!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You've expressed eloquently the values and lessons that people can learn in Al-Anon, Nar-Anon, CoDA and/or individual counseling. You've shown a destination.....for some....they need a map to get there.

Thank you for sharing the beauty in life that can be found in a strong practice of gratitude.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 05-30-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am wondering if the author of this is Melody Beattie?? Her insight never ceases to amaze me.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This actually came to me by a person I know over on SMART recovery. The ultimate source I am told was her grandma; who has no ties to addiction/recovery, or has even had therapy. Just an optimistic soul by nature.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
I am wondering if the author of this is Melody Beattie?? Her insight never ceases to amaze me.
Daniell Koepke is the author.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
Thanks CO. I did a search and found a whole site called the Internal Acceptance Movement from Danielle Koepke, and it has lots of wonderful postive reinforcements. Very cool.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by cynical one View Post
Thank you Cynical One for clarifying. I really admire all your knowledge and wisdom and for sharing it here. Your blog is outstanding and such a blessing to so many who come here to learn.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allforcnm View Post
Thanks CO. I did a search and found a whole site called the Internal Acceptance Movement from Danielle Koepke, and it has lots of wonderful postive reinforcements. Very cool.
I'll check it out. Thanks for sharing.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 05-30-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

haha It isn't knowledge, it has been all over Facebook the past couple of weeks.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I can only hope and pray that I can actually start to believe this someday soon.

I'll get there. Thank you.