Don't Stop Living Your Life!

Old 05-18-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Don't Stop Living Your Life!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Don't stop living your life!

So often, when a problem occurs, inside or around us, we revert to thinking that if we put our life on hold we can positively contribute to the solution. If a relationship isn't working, if we face a difficult decision, if we're feeling depressed, we may put our life on hold and torment ourselves with obsessive thoughts.

Abandoning our life or routines contributes to the problem and delays us from finding the solution.

Frequently, the solution comes when we let go enough to live our life, return to our routine, and stop obsessing about the problem.

Sometimes, even if we don't feel like we have let go or can let go, we can act as if we have, and that will help bring about the letting go we desire.

You don't have to give up your power to problems. You can take your focus off your problem and direct it to your life, trusting that doing so will bring you closer to a solution.

Today, I will go on living my life and tending to my routine. I will decide, as often as I need to, to stop obsessing about whatever is bothering me. If I don't feel like letting go of a particular thing, I will act as if I have let go of it until my feelings match my behavior.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Abandoning our life or routines contributes to the problem and delays us from finding the solution.
I did this for years and it was by doing this that I totally lost sight of who I was and what I wanted from life. It's a very dark and bad place to be.

Routine is important to me today, and I make sure my routine includes prayer and meditation, quiet time to be still with my thoughts, and if I do this, all is well.

Hugs
Old 05-18-2013, 09:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, LMN, I needed this reminder in general I use to be very bad about stopping my life and I have been off track with that lately ever since I got some mail that was my sons and it has his court dates on it, I need this today thanks again
Old 05-18-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

mmm. great post.

lets here it for routines! This may be one of the few groups in the world who would consider a reliable, calm routine, day in, day out, to be incredibly attractive.
I no longer want drama, days lost, emotional seesaw. Reliability and stability are looking way sexier than they did when I was younger. If I wrote a romcom today, my ideal hunk would be all safe predictability, not grand romantic gestures. Like a toyota corrolla instead of a hot-rod. I want a partner who gets good mileage, with a great safety rating and reliable engineering that wont break down.

Anyone else find boring newly attractive?
Old 05-19-2013, 03:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing this, I'm feeling so depressed today and needed a little bit of encouragement. So glad I read this.
Xx
Old 05-19-2013, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
Saturday, May 18, 2013

Today, I will go on living my life and tending to my routine. I will decide, as often as I need to, to stop obsessing about whatever is bothering me. If I don't feel like letting go of a particular thing, I will act as if I have let go of it until my feelings match my behavior.
That sounds like a great plan; very helpful message for me.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sevenofnine View Post
Anyone else find boring newly attractive?
Yes, I do.

I enjoyed your post. Thanks for sharing.