Finally a little peace

Old 05-13-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally a little peace

Last week I wrote I here that I felt my husband was lying to me about his addiction. It was hard for me to get past all the lies he had said before. I have always been able to tell when he was on drugs after awhile, I would pick up on his every move, and actually started obsessing over it. But last week I was obsessing when I didn't need to be. I posted on here that I was lost and didn't know how to get past it all, and the responses I got were great. I'm not new to recovery or addiction, and someone said follow the trail, because if he is using there will always be a trail. I looked into it and there was no trail. I was obsessing over what he use to do and not looking at the big picture. Then I realized that I needed to let go, and put my faith in him and his recovery and focus on my own. Life has been a lot easier that way. Thanks for all the help!
Old 05-13-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Worry is such a destructive wasted emotion. I used to worry day after day if my son was using or not. The thing is, he used or didn't use regardless of how hard I worried and all worry did was make me sick.

It took letting go of any ownership of his addiction or recovery for me to finally be able to "worry" about myself and start doing something to change.

Hugs