Letting Go from a Mom

Old 05-12-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Letting Go from a Mom

Why do we hold on so tight to the sorrow that swallows our light and drowns our heart? I don't know why...

When I hear people talk about letting go of controlling behavior, fear, and all the rest of the predators that stalk us, I visualize opening my hands and literally letting them go...

If I choose to hold on to those things, they will mangle and cripple the bones and sinews in my hands until they are of no use. No use. The hands I use to cup babies' faces to kiss. The hands I use to plant seeds and water flowers. Instruments too valuable to allow them to shrivel and die because I won't give up the poison worms they hold.

I want to live open handed. Giving and received the Good. I know the predators will find a way to slip in with their poison...nonetheless, I want to live open handed.

Our hands are the avenue to our heart and soul and the instrument of God's love through us to others. No coincidence that when God healed on this earth, He literally laid His Hands on people who needed His Touch. Hands heal...especially God's Hands. He will hold our hands if we open them. He won't hold a closed hand. Open your hands and let go....

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mom's out there...
Old 05-12-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for this, PresentTense....you've given me some much-needed food for thought.

Happy Mother's Day to you.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting Present tense. I hope you have a wonderful day with open hands and open heart. Big hug to you!
Old 05-12-2013, 01:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My hands reach out to hug you PT, that's beautiful what you wrote.

Happy Mother's Day.

Hugs from my heart to yours.