Forgivness

Old 05-10-2013, 09:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Forgivness

This is from the book Love Isn't Supposed to Hurt

"I realized that when you forgive someone you unchain yourself from the anger thats clinging to you."

"When you forgive someone it does'nt mean you're condoning what that person did to you. it doesnt mean you dismiss the perosns behavior or ignor the consquences you're left to deal with. It means your're finished holding on to your own anger and resentment"

I know this is hard for many of you who have ben hurt by the people we loved and trusted the most, I still question myself on my forgivness sometimes but when you have come to terms with what has happened and let go of it thats when you really begin to see the world diffrently.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you broken101, i had to forgive.
But, for a long time I was afraid.
Afraid of a new life where I was in charge and responsible.
Then, the freedom of that same responsibility for myself allowed me to break free.
Drop the chains of fear and hatred and live my life.

Yes, the world becomes a very different place when you start to look for the goodness instead of cover yourself from the blows.

Beth
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Forgiving myself...for my behavior, for what I allowed, for compromising myself, for contributing...was by far the hardest part of my recovery and it took several years and a whole lot of work on self to do it.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you for this post!

my ex asked me this week... what about forgive 70 times 7?!?!? why can't you just forgive me????"

I told him I did forgive him. then used this analogy:

If I have a pet tiger, and feed him a steak from my hand, and he bites off my arm to my elbow, it is going to obviously cause me pain. Im going to have to go to the hospital and go through a long period of healing. BUT should the tiger be killed? No. should I be angry at the tiger? No. Its what tigers do. ALSO, does that mean I should go back to that same tiger and feed it from my hand again? No. That is not wise. I can visit it from a safe distance, and maybe even put a cut of meat on a stick next time. That's practicing self care, forgiving the tiger, and loving it at the same time.

stupid jerk replied by telling me he thought he was a duck not a tiger. ugh....