OT - living IN the day

Old 05-06-2013, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - living IN the day

so the weather around here turned simply phenomenal - WARM, SUN, just pleasant as all get out. the only drawback, at least in the south end where we live not far from the water has been....WIND. i mean cranking, 12, 15, 20 mph - all day long. (i believe i have griped about this already??). as the temps warmed during the day and the sun "found" our yard (those big dumb TREES ya know!!) it was definitely survivable.

hank has been wanting to get his car cleaned out and cleaned up - he works masonry construction and the interior of the baja began to look like it doubled as a cement mixer. so i joking said, well we could just park it sideways in the drive and open all the doors and let the gale force winds clean it out!? well lo and behold that's what we did and by golly if that wasn't effective!!!

yesterday we both had the energy level of your average pot holder...i couldn't summon the oomph to make the grocery run for the life of me. we just schlepped around and did well, basically nothing. i did make a run to jimmy john's for a couple #9s (YUM) and when i came back, i parked the impreza sideways and opened all the doors and let the ubiquitous wind do it's thing!

this morning after getting himself out the door by 20 to 6, i had a lil chat with myself....i was still feeling a tad guilty for my totally slackage on sunday and i asked, well, since we can't do a thing ABOUT yesterday, what CAN we do today? cuz this is the ONLY day that matters. went on a mini flurry, rounded up laundry, got a load going, put some stuff away, knocked out the dishes, wiped the counter, hit the shower and was out the door headed to WinCo BEFORE going to work. figured i'd at least get the non perishables that could travel with me to work, and then i'll hit a store on the way home from the fresh/refrigeration required stuff.

it was glorious....Mt Rainier was HUGE driving along 1st to the store, spent a whole $28, traffic was so light the majority of the commute i was wondering if it really WAS a work day and it all just felt back in balance. i reminded myself that yesterday WAS a day OFF and it's really OK to do just as much OR little as i choose! nobody starved to death, we aren't knee deep in squalor, hank had fluffy clean work clothes and we both had relatively CLEAN car interiors!!!! LOL

each day a new beginning...new opportunities, new options, new choices. we do the best we can EACH day......some days our best is making it out of pj's long enough to run and grab some food, some days we can do more by 8am than we managed in the previous 24 hours....some days we GOT it, some not so much.

now at work i have to try and figure out what the heck happened back in april when i seem to have managed to MISS the entire statement processing sequence for the staff ProCards!???
Old 05-06-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Great post Anvil.

This morning I woke up a little cranky for no reason except that I have had a bout of insomnia so I have been pretty sleep deprived latly. Anyway, I reminded myself that I can start MY day over at any time. So I took a shower, brushed and flossed, lol and restarted my day in a much better way and I feel good!!

Whoa-oa-oa! I feel good, I knew that I would, now
I feel good, I knew that I would, now
So good, so good,

Try getting that song out of your head now!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow, just what I needed to read. Last week I was off balance, mostly because I was tired from working more than normal and little things like my washing machine dying just threw me right off my game.

I took care of it...or called a repair guy who did and have a new washer and dryer coming Wednesday. But not until after I spent a full day bemoaning the situation and poor me'ing.

Funny thing, after all that fussing, today I was a woman on a mission spring cleaning and got a million things done.

Each day I had choices and instead of feeling thrown by all this I could have just been grateful that I had the means to take care of it.

I needed this reminder to just stay in the day...and find joy in it too.

I will find great joy today, thumping LMN for planting that song in my head...I picture her doing her James Brown imitation and it just ain't pretty.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There's a game I have on my iPhone called What's The Phrase?

It's basically like Wheel of Fortune.

One of the categories is called: First World Problems

And one of the phrases was: MY DISHWASHER IS TOO LOUD

LOL

Reminds me, like you said, Ann, that we have so much to be grateful for even when there are things not going the way we think they should.

I'm going to be thinking more about that today as my mind is being kind of slippery with me!
Old 05-06-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the great post! I love when that energy of a new day and new opportunity takes over!