Frustrated

Old 05-04-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustrated

I will never understand an addict or the hold their addiction has on them. I got her to agree to sale the house the realtor is coming on Monday. We have a lot to do to get it ready and all she can do is sit outside and get high while I do everything. 80 dollars yesterday on synthetic pot and went back for more today. I am trying to just keep cool because it does no good to talk to her as she is so far off into lala land. I am so frustrated I just want this over before her life blows up. I know the person before me is not the person I feel in love with 13 years ago. Sometimes I just get angry and want to scream!! I am trying so hard to keep the peace until we can sale our house but it gets harder everyday. I look at her and pity her for the life she will give up because of her addiction. It is so frustrating to look at a person and know that is not the person you know and love. Just venting because I don't think I have any more tears left not not today anyway.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am sorry Nana3. Addiction is just so evil. It steals the souls of the people we love.

I admire your strength and dignity. Hold on and keep the faith.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nana3 View Post
I will never understand an addict or the hold their addiction has on them. I got her to agree to sale the house the realtor is coming on Monday. We have a lot to do to get it ready and all she can do is sit outside and get high while I do everything. 80 dollars yesterday on synthetic pot and went back for more today. I am trying to just keep cool because it does no good to talk to her as she is so far off into lala land. I am so frustrated I just want this over before her life blows up. I know the person before me is not the person I feel in love with 13 years ago. Sometimes I just get angry and want to scream!! I am trying so hard to keep the peace until we can sale our house but it gets harder everyday. I look at her and pity her for the life she will give up because of her addiction. It is so frustrating to look at a person and know that is not the person you know and love. Just venting because I don't think I have any more tears left not not today anyway.
feels like banging your head against the wall. I know that feeling of looking at someone you love and not knowing them at all anymore. I catch a glimpse of my son every once in a while. I know he's still in there that's the only hope I still have.

I'm sorry for day thoughts are with you.