Alcohol, Suboxone, Clonazepam, Marijuana at the same time

Old 05-03-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alcohol, Suboxone, Clonazepam, Marijuana at the same time

Hello! I am new on the forum. I am a wife of a guy who is an alcoholic and drug addict. I just need to hear from other people what they think about that situation and that will help me to make a right decision. Let's start.... He takes every day Suboxone 8mg/2mg, Clonazepam and something for blood pressure. Plus he drinks every day, all day. Every glass with soda or orange juice needs to be with alcohol (1-2 mini bottles of vodka or rum). He drinks about 7-8 glasses a day. First thing what he does in the morning is taking his medication and make a glass of drink. And that is not enough for him... He also smokes marijuana and herbal incense what you can get in the store called Happy Smoke. He smokes a couple pots a day. He's addictions affect our marriage and I am ready to leave him because I do not wanna live like this. One day he says that he knows that he has a problem but another he doesn't care that he ruins his relationship. I wanted to help him but he doesn't want to get a help because like he says "I am fine the way I am".... Please.... I love him and I would love to be with him but there is to much sh** for me. I can't look at him when he ruins his life! What should I do? Thank you for every answer!
Old 05-03-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Welcome to SR although I am sorry for the reasons you are here.

Your husband is still an active addict, not working on his recovery. Untreated addiction will progress. Addicts/alcoholics make terrible partners (and parents). Sadly, we can not love them clean or even reason with them. Their brains have been rewired, hijacked! Addiction is extremely serious, cunning, baffling and just that powerful.

Your husband is drinking a deadly cocktail. Also, spice is some evil stuff and being banned in most states. It has a powerful psychological addictive quality.

Please read the stickies on top and educate yourself about addiction and codependency. My prayers are with you both.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds to me like you already know what you have to do to save yourself from the chaos he has wrought on your relationship, but it's incredibly difficult to take the steps necessary to change your circumstances. There's no need to make any big decisions immediately. Maybe for today just make a tiny step, decide not to engage him in his chaotic state, and instead do something just for yourself, something that you enjoy that will make you feel better.

When we live with addiction it consumes our every waking moment. Every minute is spent worrying about the addict (who isn't worrying at all about themselves, because they're drugged into a fog). We worry about how to control the environment to limit violence or disruption, we worry about how to keep every single little thing balancing on a pin to fend off the next impending drama, we worry about how we're going to get them to do anything besides what it is they want to do, heck, we even worry about how we're going to react to millions of things they haven't even done yet. We lose ourselves, we define ourselves by their actions instead of our own.

For today, just let all that go. Whatever happens will happen whether you're there or not, so you might as well be reading a great book in a park in the springtime sun. Start to think about things you can do to improve your well-being, regardless of what he decides to do. If you haven't looked into attending an Al-Anon meeting, it's an excellent place to receive support from people who know EXACTLY what you're going through.

Keep reading here and keep posting, it helps! You're not alone anymore.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you!

What can be added... He also does not eat. His first meal is around 3 PM. I think I do not have more strength to fight... Today he told me that he is not going to quit smoking pot never! He is so weird after smoking. He just need more and more. He does not know when to stop! Never is enough!

Thank you again for your responses!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

wife2013
i feel for you. the situation you are in is hard and that is not even close enough to a descriptive word. regarding the eating meals...my XAABF, near the end of our time together, might eat lunch about 12 or 1 but then it was nothing at all unless he ate after his night out--maybe 1, 2, or 3 in the morning. everyone around him who joined him did the same thing. if he wasn't drinking due to having the kids with him he ate tremendous quantities of sweets/chocolate/treats instead in front of the TV. regarding the other chaos and feelings you are having about weed, you feeling upset, not knowing if you can tolerate it, etc...only you know. life is not what i call "normal" with a partner like this. not my kind of peaceful, stable normal anyway. if he said to you he will never quit something, believe it. we aren't here to change someone and people make their own choices. we have to make our own choices. pretty much, only you can decide if you can live with it or not. being upset about it solves nothing. if he's high, i doubt he is upset so you being upset is only affecting you. i often hear people say weed is no big deal, never thought about it one way or the other myself before i had my own experience here recently, and it does "nothing" to a person one way or the other that is truly detremental. well, in my particular situation it did do SOMETHING detremental to my ex--whether it be overuse, combining it with other things or whatever the explanation is depending on the article, the source and the situation. things changed and not for the better, IMO. maybe others have zero problems from it, i really do not know and would not venture in the area of having an all inclusive opinion on it.
main thing is this: look at your life and ask yourself if you are happy. if you are not, what do you need to do to be happy? then go from there.
prayers.