what do you recommend?

Old 04-29-2013, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what do you recommend?

My boyfriend is an addict to crack and popping pills. He went to detox 2 weeks ago and came back a week later because his insurance wont cover rehab. Anyways he called up a different rehab and they said he needs to set up an appointment and needs to be on drugs in order to get accepted into rehab. it is very twisted that it is working out this way. he is trying to stay clean but the fact that he has to go and use in order to get into the rehab is a little bit obsurd if you ask me. So I guess im just wondering, is it a good idea for him to go use in order to get accepted?
Old 04-29-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by frecklyface View Post
So I guess im just wondering, is it a good idea for him to go use in order to get accepted?
No.

Now for some unrequested advice because you are new here (8 posts): Duck and cover cause it's going to feel like you're under attack here very shortly.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Salvation Army is open to anyone.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by legna View Post
No.

Now for some unrequested advice because you are new here (8 posts): Duck and cover cause it's going to feel like you're under attack here very shortly.
What should he do then? He willl have a few days clean but then use when he feels like it so how can he get accepted to the rehab. What are the options? How is he going to get thru his recovery on his own with no professional support?
Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

In almost every case I have read, an addict must be clean or have detoxed BEFORE entering a rehab.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by frecklyface View Post
My boyfriend is an addict to crack and popping pills. He went to detox 2 weeks ago and came back a week later because his insurance wont cover rehab. Anyways he called up a different rehab and they said he needs to set up an appointment and needs to be on drugs in order to get accepted into rehab. it is very twisted that it is working out this way. he is trying to stay clean but the fact that he has to go and use in order to get into the rehab is a little bit obsurd if you ask me. So I guess im just wondering, is it a good idea for him to go use in order to get accepted?
Insurance with all this can be bizarre. When my husband went into rehab, the insurance did not want to cover it at first because he had never had any treatment before, and they usually start out with something like outpatient. The rehab was able to resolve it for us, but I dont know how they did it. One of those things where you dont ask.. dont want to know.

Im sorry for your BF situation. If I recall part of the issue is getting him out of the unhealthy living arragement with his parents, and into a calmer environement where he can recover. I dont think there is much you can do except maybe ask him to explain the process if your unclear, and does he have a plan in place, and know he will get admitted immediately, or is there a wait?