The emails have started. Need some advice.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

So when I returned from the trip, I sent a quick reply saying that I understood I have important belongings of his and I would make sure he would get them back. I also said I refuse to respond to the accusations, that he knew I didn't want drugs around my daughter or myself and because he clearly is using I can no longer be involved with him. Left it at that.

Of course I get an email back saying he knew I had every right to be upset, that he just wanted an opportunity to speak, with me, that his emails didn't have to do with getting his belongings back and he was only thinking about me, he misses me, etc.

I sent a quick response basically saying he will get his things back, there's nothing left to talk about now because he clearly has no recovery. If he can manage to go a year without drugs, he can call me then and until then we have nothing to discuss.

I was not planning on going to see him or allowing him to come here to see me to get his belongings back. I was planning on leaving it under my back deck and telling him he needed to send someone to get it while I was at work.

For a second I thought maybe I was being too harsh. Maybe I should give him a chance to have one last talk. Then I thought, am I crazy?!?! Not once....NOT ONCE....in any of those emails did he even mention drugs being the issue. No thanks.

Best part is I'm still feeling extremely relaxed from vacation. It's back to work tomorrow but I think being away from here for a week really helped me to detach from him. It couldn't have happened any better.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I love this ~

Cry now because you lost him or cry later because you still have him.

Powerful words!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
I love this ~

Cry now because you lost him or cry later because you still have him.

Powerful words!
I love this saying, too, LMN....thanks for posting it. It's a great (and much-needed) reminder today!!