my meeting tomorrow

Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my meeting tomorrow

Tomorrow is my meeting with my husband and his therapist; I'm scared. What I'm going to say doesn't match my gut. I have no idea who is coming back from rehab but right now my gut and heart are fighting.

I really just needed to get that all out of my system, thank you.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

They call the "gut" that for a reason...it's your body's emotional gateway of letting you know to go with your gut! Hope the meeting doesn't make you too stressed...hope you stay strong...have faith you can stay strong and speak the truth...that is always a good place to start, start with the truth.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, it's okay to show up in the meeting saying, "I'm scared and I feel conflicted about what to say. I'm worried about saying the wrong thing, but I also know I want to be true to myself."

Or whatever is honest for you -- just to give voice to your experience in "I" statements.

Also, it's okay to not reply to things immediately. You can take your time to breathe and think and collect your thoughts before saying something. And if you don't know how to answer a question, you can be honest and report that too: "I'm not sure how to respond to that right now..." and then be quiet and wait to see what comes up in you.

((hugs))