Do you think.....

Old 04-25-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Do you think.....

Do you think following the Jodi Arias trial non stop is codependent behavior?

I remember following the Casey Anthony case. I watched it, I read about, I chatted with friends about it. It consumed so many of us. All while my own life was falling apart as I sat in denial and judging others. Ugh.

Many of my friends are hooked on this case as well. Blogging, watching it daily or nightly, non stop talking about it, etc.

I chose not to follow it because I didn't want to get "sucked in" again. I didn't want it to become another distraction.

So do you think it is codependent to get so involved in these murder cases?
Old 04-25-2013, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmmm good point! I immediately thought of how they used to hang witches in the town square.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i'm not sure codependent per se, but definitely obsessive! but then again, i've been known to watch an entire season of America's Next Top Model in one day, so there ya go.

i do think that arias is one twisted sister tho! total sociopath. self defense my butt.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
i'm not sure codependent per se, but definitely obsessive! but then again, i've been known to watch an entire season of America's Next Top Model in one day, so there ya go.

i do think that arias is one twisted sister tho! total sociopath. self defense my butt.
Oh, she is beyond evil. In her attempts to get a better plea deal, she warned she would rake Travis through the coals if they didn't give her a good deal.

Travis was "raised" by 2 meth addicts, abused and neglected as child. Worked hard to overcome his childhood. Then murdered by a sociopath, vilified and re-victimized by her and defense attorneys. I don't think there is a better case for the death penalty although I doubt she will get it.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah, I'm on the side of it being a distraction in the same way that our obsession with our addicts prevents us from focusing on us.

Dealing with the addiction in my husband is quite enough drama for me personally, so I don't watch the news.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Who is Jodi Arias?

(just kidding---I'll google her/him)