Something to think about

Old 04-21-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something to think about

Hello, I haven't posted in awhile I have been reading on occasion I am doing good and hubby has been as well everyone here that knows me knows that when I share I am extremely honest and this post is because of something that happened in my house and I feel could happen in almost any especially those where we go back and forth with living with our addict.

I had a rash come up it got terrible and very itchy I did not go to a doctor at first because I thought the rash was coming from my polycythemia , when I went back to my oncologist it was not from that and he sent me to a dermatologist who did two punch biopsies and I was told I had dermatitis with yeast which I do however this, is what I found out on Friday and my reason for writing this

I had my house checked for bed bugs and low and behold I had them I do not go anywhere besides the doctor and my meetings and hubby has been doing well but we, were going back and forth him moving out then back in over and over.

I will never know for sure how they got here but my opinion is that because of the places he was hanging out it is likely that is how.

I just wanted to make people aware because it can happen anywhere but I think when we live with an addict or recovering addict this possibly increases the chances simply because many times they will spend nights where others do and some of these people go from house to house you get my point.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

How awful, I hope you had an exterminator come in, CB.

And you're right, bed bugs are becoming an epidemic in your country and mine and you really have to be careful about where you stay. When I travel I stay at quite decent hotels, but I always check the Bedbug Registry (google it) and check out the hotels in the areas I will be travelling to.

It helps if you know what to look for and know what to do if you are exposed to them. You can get all that information on line.

You brought up a good point here, CB, thanks for the info.

Hugs
Old 04-21-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh, I'm sorry. That must be very frustrating! Yes, people get them in their luggage and clothes when traveling to hotels. That's probably the most common way. I think you can also get them from upholstery of a chair even like a movie theater. Some apt complexes have had epidemics of them.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Oh no, sorry crazybaby. Just the thought is making me itch.

Now I am really freaked out because my husband will be coming home from an all men's NA/AA retreat in the mountains tomorrow night. I hope he doesn't bring any critters home with him.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice to see you, Angie.

Thanks for the info; has me thinking, too.

I hope your rash goes away soon along with the little invaders. Sorry you're going through this.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ann, I had it taken care of ASAP, thankfully I have a great dad who had it handled and my daughter helped me do what I had to on my end.

LMN, Sorry I made you itch ..
Old 04-22-2013, 01:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

......big problem in hotels.

(always,ALWAYS open your bag on a table-----never a bed)