not my problem. she just doesnt get it.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

not my problem. she just doesnt get it.

One of my normie friends is all angry with me because I have a meeting tonight and don't want to miss it to hang out. She thinks its not like I'm an addict. I'm not gunna relapse if I miss a meeting. I didn't even bother to explain. I just told her that its a christian based meeting tonight. Its like missing Bible study and she backed off.

But she is still angry. Not my problem. When D was inside at rehab she never minded about my meetings but now she thinks I shouldn't need them anymore because he is back? Maybe she thinks its a support group for dealing with the rehab environment? Truth be told. I needed less meetings then than I do now.

I hope she gets over it. Plus its 420 and I know this is a world wide board but I'm just not feeling social on this unofficial official American stoner day. It is the first time since I was 15 that I have spent it stark raving sober. Even when I wasn't smoking weed I got drunk.

I don't want to go over there and be a B word to her because I'm grumpy because its "national get high day"

End vent
Old 04-21-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I didn't know there WAS a national get high day. How 'bout that....I don't think my son knew it either because I think he thought every day was national get high day.

Don't worry about you're friend. She'll get over it.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-21-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A friend that tries to manipulate you with guilt and anger because you are not available or interested in participating in a social event? Not my idea of a fun person. Even worse that it involves the glorification of drugs, especially considering your current challenges. She sounds like a selfish and self-centered person.

People that want to force me to do things that I don't enjoy get the boot from my life pretty quickly these days.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You're friend will get over it and if she doesn't, then that is for her to deal with. I used to think being a "good" friend and keeping others happy was what a caring and loving person did...now I know better. Now I know that keeping myself happy and healthy is more important then running my life around someone else. If she leaves your life will go on, if you lose yourself, well we all know how that goes.

As for yesterday being 4/20 I am so happy I didn't notice since I too am programed to make that day a huge ordeal. This is my first 4/20 sober and I am much better off passing it by without notice since now today is 4/21 and I am still in a good spot.

Keep moving forward and doing what you need to do for yourself. None of the people around us realize how certain things effect us. Before I knew what codie was I would have laughed if someone had to go to a meeting and said "it's not like your an addict" but now I am educated and not ignorant on the topic and I realize addictions come in many forms.

Who would have ever thought putting ourselves and our well being first would be so much work?!