Boyfriend of 3 Years relapsed again.. need advice

Old 04-21-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Orange Lily

Originally Posted by TabulaRasa81 View Post
The hospital crisis nurse called me to tell me home was the best place for him, with loving family support....I was conflicted......couldn't believe what I was hearing.....he charmed her too....'he's trying, he says he's not using, the sober living centres is gonna make it worse...blah,blah......after 2 hours sleep I was overwhelmed. I told her I needed time to think......so she convinced his brother to go back on his stand, and take him home for a couple days.
I know he's not coming back here. He got to make all the decisions now....im done with that and being manipulated.
When I called the cops on my AXBF for sending suicide threats to me, they checked him out and did the exact same thing. Apparently I'm not good for him and he should have just dumped me because who would call the cops on her BF, right? I was blamed for just being a crazy GF.

I suppose I don't blame them- for someone outside looking in, not knowing the full history of the insanity, they must have just seen a girl calling the cops on her boyfriend for no good reason... But it feels as real to me now as it did to me then. I kept all the messages from that night on my phone in case he really did decide to make that decision. He was saying those things with the explicit reason of hurting me, that's it.