Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

so very sad, first night alone after husband left for rehab this morning

so very sad, first night alone after husband left for rehab this morning

Old 04-19-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you all.my appt isn't til Tuesday. At the point that feels like forever, so I may head to some nar anon meetings this wkend if I can find some. I am desperate to have a reason to want to save my marriage, and my daughters father. I wanted no part of "learning" at the beginning, and now i have thrown myself into it, maybe as a way to cope? Thsnks again for all of your kind words.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxiouswife View Post
I wanted no part of "learning" at the beginning, and now i have thrown myself into it, maybe as a way to cope?.

Same thing for me too! Just shows the amount of love we have for them.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You all will probably not find this suprising, but now that its sinking in a little, the day to day has gotten slightly easier but now im thinking about how i am going to handle this when he gets home.
By NO means do i want to throw his recovery off track, but i am human. By human i mean i am a scorned wife who has been lied to, manipulated and financially and physically abandoned by the one person who said VOWS, stating they wouldn't do any of the above.

Does he get to go without the discussion of - why? how could you?
His rehab facility says we can approach these things in counseling, but lightly asnd constructively but not in a negative, "harsh" way... umm i need a little help here. HOW do i not?