Living in Today!

Old 04-16-2013, 07:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Living in Today!

It has taken a while for me to fully grasp how to live in today but it is such a awesome place to be.

My husband has been doing very well. He is clean, kind, loving, thoughtful, funny, etc...truly the man I married. But more importantly, I am not waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am not living in fear of the unknown of something I can not control anyway. My anxiety is minimal...at the very most.

He will be going to a mens retreat in the mountains for a few days this weekend. I am very happy for him and I am thrilled to have the house to myself. I just made plans for a girls weekend in May, something I haven't done in a few years.

I have no idea what the future will bring but for the first time in years, maybe even my life...I am at peace with that.

Both my husband and I have struggled through our recoveries. It has not been easy, or a straight path. But with each stumble and fall, came an opportunity to learn and grow.

Had it not been for many of you, I would have missed those opportunities. So once again, I thank all those who have walked before me and have held the light to show me the way.

There is still much work to do, but just for today...I am happy and will be living in today. I will not allow the problems of tomorrow to steal my joy for today....and that is huge for me.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Love reading this inspiring and hope-filled update. Thank you!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

LOL, Ann is going to be so relieved I finally got here. I can't count how many times she has had to remind me to "stay in today." But I just couldn't. I would try and try but my fear and anxiety took me to the dark side.

I am not sure how I got here but I am not going to analyze it. It is such a beautiful, peaceful place.

Thank you Ann for being consistent and gentle with me.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I admire your healthy attitude.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
LOL, Ann is going to be so relieved I finally got here. I can't count how many times she has had to remind me to "stay in today." But I just couldn't. I would try and try but my fear and anxiety took me to the dark side.

I am not sure how I got here but I am not going to analyze it. It is such a beautiful, peaceful place.

Thank you Ann for being consistent and gentle with me.
I knew I could "out stubborn" you because I used to get stuck in the exact same place. Nobody had her heels dug in more than me...although I must admit you gave me a run for my money.

I'm glad you found your peace. And I hope you have a wonderful weekend all for yourself...plan something special or find a good book and nestle in for a lazy day or two.

I remember years ago, when anyone would say "I am bored", thinking that I would sell my soul for "bored" because with bored came peace.

I am never bored today, but my peace follows me wherever I go.

Hugs
Old 04-16-2013, 04:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

LOL Ann, maybe we are long lost twins.

*snork*
Old 04-16-2013, 05:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
LOL Ann, maybe we are long lost twins.

*snork*
Oh NOOOOO!

Old 04-17-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Oh NOOOOO!

That's just so wrong!

I really wanted a summer home too!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

today was good day, no actually a great day. started with a singularly magnificent sunrise, OMG so pink - I just sat here at my perch and......watched, in awe. i'd just sent hank out the door for work - he gave me the "day off" on lunch making duties and he left his water jug at work! woo hoo!

commute was fine, work was fine...I finally attended to some action items I had delayed for no reason other than I "didn't wanna" and thus reclaimed desk surface.

hank called on my drive home (to see how long the dogs got to be out frolicking in the front yard) and mentioned he was THINKING about mowing the yard. I said, honey, the last time I tried to motivate YOU into mowing the yard, I lost a car window so I am staying neutral on this subject! I got home, he told me to chill for a bit, and then we went on the ATTACK. teamwork at it's finest.

this morning while watching the news they showed the different ballparks that last night honored Boston by singing Sweet Caroline. even our Mariners at Safeco. got me all choked up....and had that dang song in my head all day. watch too much news lately and you never want to leave the house! which would be just fine by me..and hank! we cheerfully look forward to coming home each day.

I stop almost every day at the 7-11 on my drive home to grab smokes. lately there's been this nice young man and his dog that show up at about the same time. very sweet dog, LOVES to be petted, leans right into my legs. he and I have not exchanged names, we simply come together for a few moments and I admire his sweet pup. she was a rescue, little smaller than bucky, our rott/heeler mix. they walked up today as I was leaving and we acknowledged each other and I told "her" that I told everybody home about her and gave her some scritches. strangers...taking a moment....connecting....over a sweet little dog who know has someone that loves her.

just a good day, nothing special...I did buy a $2 powerball ticket tho!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Sounds like a simple yet wonderful day Anvil!

Without sounding well....like a b!tch, lol....I don't mind saying I am really looking forward to my husband leaving in the morning to his retreat. It's not personal, I just looked forward to having the house to myself for a change especially since he works from home too. He just went to bed and reminded me that he will be coming home a "new man" I said I could hardly wait.

Through NA, his faith has become stronger, which i am grateful for, and I continue to pray God reveals His All Mighty Self to him. I seldom, if ever, try to push my faith or beliefs on him, but I do privately pray that he discovers that Jesus is the way and the truth and the life.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Happy to hear you two are doing well, and it looks like the plans with the girls in May is something to look foward to...bet you can't wait!
Old 04-18-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
she was a rescue, little smaller than bucky, our rott/heeler mix. they walked up today as I was leaving and we acknowledged each other and I told "her" that I told everybody home about her and gave her some scritches. strangers...taking a moment....connecting....over a sweet little dog who know has someone that loves her.
As you say, sweet. If the little doggie could, I bet it would be grinning from ear to ear.