Another nice experience

Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another nice experience

I saw my son again last night for the second time since last November when I dropped him off at a long term rehab.

I picked him up and three of his friends from the rehab and drove them to an NA meeting (while I attended a Nar-Anon meeting next door). We had a long drive so there was a bit of time for chatting.

As I drove, I thought that each of these young men could be the son, husband, or brother of any of the folks here on SR. They were all nice, very funny, intelligent, and exceptionally polite.

As we drove, they joked about their addiction, they gave me glimpses inside their recovery process, they sang (deep rich men's voices), they teased each other. They made me laugh at times and sometimes just made me shake my head. Their positive, upbeat attitudes were amazing. I don't know their stories (except my son of course) but they were not addicts last night....they were just normal young men with the strong comradery of people who had been through life changing experiences. It was a pleasure to spend my afternoon and evening with them.

It gave me hope. Not just for my son but for those other three young men too. They will each be in my prayers as they continue to fight the demon of addiction. I felt the presence of God last night.....riding with me in a van full of recovering addicts.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-15-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:,,,,)
Old 04-15-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a wonderful experience, Kindeyes - very inspiring. Thanks for sharing this.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow! Thank you so much KE for the share. I too hope and thank God for that for my boy. Love and blessings!
Great way to start a Monday
Hugs,
TT
Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Sounds like a wonderful day. Thank you for sharing it with us. God is good...all of the time!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing...you have filled me with hope as well. I wish my son HAD been one of these young men riding along in your van with you. To see a simple smile on his face would mean so much to me. Thank you again. Happy Monday!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

That's awesome! Reminded me of a few similar car rides with my brother and his buddies, too.