Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

Just found out that my husband has been hiding a meth addiction as well!

Old 04-10-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My husband (opiate addict/alcoholic) came home 3 weeks ago promising to get help. HE HAS DONE NOTHING!!! He was back for a week before taking off for 6 days saying that I kicked him out and never gave him the chance to get better. He was back for a few days and has now been gone again for 3 days. I just found out that he's been doing Meth,too!So scared!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

jzeb - So sorry to hear that.
What are you going to do for yourself to get through this very difficult time?

(((hugs))),
Hanna
Old 04-10-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

might be time to nail that revolving door shut. you don't need this, deserve this and this has NOTHING to do with marital duties or obligations! ok, that's MY opinion. seriously, when he's gone for days he ain't staying at the penthouse at the Hyatt, he's probably in places with people that you can't even fathom.

nuf chances eh? when people show you who they are and what they are about, BELIEVE THEM. nothing changes if nothing changes.....
Old 04-10-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

jzeb,
I am sorry to here you are dealing with this. I to am in the meth boat with my husband. It sucks. It is a very tricky mind game with someone who is on meth.
And what is it with being gone for 6 days!!?? He to would "go to work" for 3, 6 even 8 days! I don't know what it is with that and meth.
I finally had to file for divorce and leave with the kids. I couldn't stand the "revolving door" any longer. Now he i flipping out and wants to go to counseling. I sent him an email that said actions speak louder than words. I will no longer listen to his empty words. He is going to have to "take action" if he even wants me to call....

I realize that the no contact rule should be enforced but, that's hard with kids...

I still won't call though.

Stand strong! Anvilhead is right. She has put it bluntly to me also. And made me realize. Enough is Enough.

((hugs))