one small step for a girl... one giant leap for codiekind!!!! :)

Old 04-06-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

one small step for a girl... one giant leap for codiekind!!!! :)

today is the day my bf leaves rehab.
He called and let me know the decision was final. He is checking out today, and would I be at church tomorrow.
of course I will be at church tomorrow.

but... when he asked if I was available to come get him I said NO!!! It would open up a pandoras box of resentment for me against myself and for his family. If he is checking out he needs to do so without me. He can hop on the bus and make his way back to this side of town on his own.
He responded very positively to this and asked if I will be going to the celebrate recovery meeting tonight near my house. I said of course. He said he will see me there, and will have his apartment set up by then and will break the news to his family tomorrow.

can you imagine the reactions of the congregation in the morning when he waltzes in!?!?
Oh man... the sh!t is gonna hit the fan. He says whatever, what they think of me is none of my business.

sink or swim huh? well... here goes everything.

thank you everyone for your support through this time. without this forum and CR I would have been canceling todays plans, calling a babysitter and rushing to the Sally to go get him all out of FOG. Now way. not this time. this time, Im staying on my side of the street.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hooray for all of your progress, Lily!
Old 04-06-2013, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Just remember we are with you. At the meeting tonight and at Church tomorrow, you have the WHOLE CREW here with you in spirit, filling up the church and with you at ALL times.

You go girl!!!!!! You are making my heart smile.

Love and hugs,
Old 04-06-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I just love when you say that Laurie .... You make my heart smile.

Go Lily go! Keep letting God guide you, and all will be fine!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks everyone. I am so glad to have friends here

I took a dry erase marker and wrote proverbs 3: 5-6 in giant caps at the top of my mirror.
it says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean on not your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths."

hugs everyone.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hmmm..... recovery does look like recovery doesn't it?

Today was a good day. One day at a time. I'm exhausted though, ready for a much needed night of sleep.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

lily, i'm not a big Bible person or a church person but one of my fave quotes is from Matthew, part of the Sermon on the Mount:

28 And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!

what i take from that is that lilies don't try to be fish or frogs, they don't look over to see if the next lily is prettier or getting more attention...they just grow towards the sun, every day, doing what lilies do. as they were created if you will. they don't even worry if they are doing it RIGHT, they just go about BEING.

my other favorite is psalm 46 - Be still and know that I am God.
modern translation, hey you down there, CHILL, I got this!!

someone long ago told me about a Letter from God, it simply said:

Dear Anvil, turns out I won't need your help today running the Universe. Thanks for the offer tho. Enjoy the day off! ~HP
Old 04-08-2013, 10:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Lol Anvil....great post. No offense but I sure am glad God is control and not any of us.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post

Dear Anvil, turns out I won't need your help today running the Universe. Thanks for the offer tho. Enjoy the day off! ~HP
LOVE this!!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
lily, i'm not a big Bible person or a church person but one of my fave quotes is from Matthew, part of the Sermon on the Mount:

28 And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!

what i take from that is that lilies don't try to be fish or frogs, they don't look over to see if the next lily is prettier or getting more attention...they just grow towards the sun, every day, doing what lilies do. as they were created if you will. they don't even worry if they are doing it RIGHT, they just go about BEING.

my other favorite is psalm 46 - Be still and know that I am God.
modern translation, hey you down there, CHILL, I got this!!

I love everything about this post, and the message behind it. What I love even MORE about you anvil is that you aren't a big bible person, but know that I am, and you got to me with the HP you know that I have chosen for myself. It means a lot. really. hugs. and you chose a verse that refers to my screenname totally awesome!