Patience

Old 04-06-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Patience

Saturday, April 6, 2013

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Patience

How sick and tired we may become of people telling us to be patient or to learn patience. How frustrating it can be to want to finally have something, or to move forward, and then not have that happen. How irritating to have someone tell us to wait while our needs have not been met and were in the midst of anxiety, frustration, and inaction.

Do not confuse the suggestion to be patient with the old rule about not having feelings.

Being patient does not mean we go through the sometimes-grueling process of life and recovery without having feelings! Feel the frustration. Feel the impatience. Get as angry as you need to about not having your needs met. Feel your fear.

Controlling our feelings will not control the process!

We find patience by surrendering to our feelings. Patience cannot be forced. It is a gift, one that closely follows acceptance and gratitude. When we work through our feelings to fully accept who we are and what we have, we will be ready to be and have more.

Today, I will let myself have my feelings while I practice patience.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh lordy it took me a long time to even learn HOW to be patient. I still have to practice because it is my nature, my instinct to want results NOW.

I learned that life doesn't work that way. I learned that it doesn't matter if I am patient or throw myself into a frenzy...life will unfold as it will in its own good time.

Learning to breath, learning to let go of "urgency", learning that it's not all about me and that people have other things to do besides await my every request...sheesh, don't they KNOW who I am?

Patience! Good reminder for me today. Thank LMN....how's patience workin' for you?

Kidding!!! *snork*
Old 04-06-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Life Lesson #32 - never ever PRAY for patience!!! LOL

wish i'd remembered that patience thing the day hank shot out my car window with the lawnmower. sigh. patience isn't just something I need to practice for ME but also be "gracious" enough to have for others.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've told this before but the topic of patience is a tough one for me. It has historically not been one of my virtues. lol

When I was taking my son up to the SA-ARC back in November, he said something that stuck with me. He said: "Mom, I always thought the term Godspeed meant really fast. But I'm learning that Godspeed means.....in God's time......and that's usually not as fast as we'd like it to be."

I think of that when I'm feeling impatient......Godspeed.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-06-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Ann!!

The only proper response to that question is.....More will be revealed!

*snork*
Old 04-06-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I so grateful for this post and the replies today as I sit and wait for the answers to situations I have no control over. talk about Gods timing! Oh wow!