Finding it hard to be "too happy"

Old 04-04-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KKE

Finding it hard to be "too happy"

Hi there

I haven't posted for a while. So, some of you may remember I've been on a bit of a roller coaster with my ABF. Recently he made the decision to attend AA meetings and become sober. He's done this and has been doing so for the last 4 weeks.

Whilst I am really pleased and for the first time in ages actually feel hopeful for the future, there is a part of me that just can't let go and be happy. I guess I feel like he's eventually going to fall off the wagon and everything is going to be rubbish again.

I really want it to work and for AA to work for him. Since he's been going we have been so happy, it's like having my partner back. Just can't help but feel a little cautious. Not sure if this is a good thing or if its a kind of self fulfilling prophecy?

Thanks for listening :-)
Old 04-04-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Have you thought about attending Al-anon meetings for your own healing and recovery? You might find many ways to heal from the past and grow. It has helped many of us find our balance again.

Why not give it a try?

Hugs
Old 04-04-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
KKE

Hi there, yes I went to a few last year. If I'm honest I found them really hard, truth hurts I guess. I do need to start going again and I will do that soon.