Parents are driving me to use!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old 04-04-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Parents are driving me to use!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I really don't know how to overcome this. constantly I'm dealing with my mom coming down on me about everything and I don't know how to handle it. It's gotten to the point I'm moving out. Please help!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by oocleanchickoo View Post
I really don't know how to overcome this. constantly I'm dealing with my mom coming down on me about everything and I don't know how to handle it. It's gotten to the point I'm moving out. Please help!
Moving out sounds like a good start.

My father can drive me from sane to ******* in about 3 minutes. I'm not a drug user, but if I was and I didn't have a program, his behavior would surely make me want to use.

Are you in a program?

Are they in a program?

If something makes you feel like that, you must get away from it or learn to cope with it. Learn other ways to deal with the problem because using is not going to fix it one bit.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

First, as a mama let me tell you that nobody drives you to use.

You can choose to stay in a situation that makes you unhappy and unsettled or you can choose to move to a place where you can find your serenity and work your recovery.

The choice is yours, so is the choice to use or not to use. Ain't nobody driving that bus except you.

I wish you better days ahead and wise choices for a good life.

Hugs from a mama who cares.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's very difficult for adult children to live with their parents. I did a short six month period of living with my folks when I was in my mid 20s. I love them to pieces but the arrangement drove me nuts. Now here I am with grown children of my own and I don't want them to live with me! They drive me nuts! lol

I think you're doing the best thing for yourself (and for them too) by moving out and gaining your independence!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 04-04-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I lived with my parents for a while too.

There's a lot more choices available to you than using - I'm glad you're planning to move out - I hope that works out better for you

D
Old 04-04-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Children were never intended to live with their parents forever. I remember years ago my son asked if he lost his job could he move back in with his dad and me. I told him he would not like hearing me nag him about cleaning his room and such after having lived on his own. His younger brother did wind up back home after a month in rehab and it was not a good experience. He is now on his own and doing very well. I just think adult kids living at home is a recipe for a parent/child relationship--not an adult to adult relationship. We all need our own space to live life as we desire. Good luck!