I stumbled!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I stumbled!

Last night something triggered me and I let my mind and actions go to the dark side.

I checked his bank account but couldn't get on it. Did he change his password so I couldn't see it or had it been so long, I forgot it? The anxiety grew. Now, I have to check his phone, my sickness told me. Oh he wouldn't leave "evidence" on his phone, I should look over the bill. Ughhhh

I finally got my thinking back under control and stopped!! I hated what I done. So this morning, I told him. He was very understanding and kind of blamed himself. I told him he is not to blame for my actions. He then laughed and asked if I locked up his bank account (3 failed attempts and he has to call them). I told him no, not this time, I didn't make 3 attempts. He smiled and said "that's progress."

After I apologized, he said it wasn't necessary but i said it was, so he accepted it. I am glad he was so understanding but I am still struggling to forgive myself and my recent stumble.

Last night was an example of how I can put my own self through misery. IMO, there is a difference in confirming my gut instincts or just creating insanity. Sadly, last night was the latter.

I tried telling myself if there is anything to hide "more will be revealed" but those were just words that I could not accept in that moment. Damn, I selfishly wish he would just get the shot again. Ughhhh

It was that very thought that got my mind turning. I started to think maybe he can't because he isn't clean....and then my mind was off.

I need to simply just trust God. Love people but trust God!!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

thank you for sharing so candidly. I am stumbling right now in my thoughts and Im so glad to know I am not alone.

good for you for making amends right away. progress not perfection right?
just a little slip. just keep swimming.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
Last night something triggered me and I let my mind and actions go to the dark side.

I checked his bank account but couldn't get on it. Did he change his password so I couldn't see it or had it been so long, I forgot it? The anxiety grew. Now, I have to check his phone, my sickness told me. Oh he wouldn't leave "evidence" on his phone, I should look over the bill. Ughhhh

I finally got my thinking back under control and stopped!! I hated what I done. So this morning, I told him. He was very understanding and kind of blamed himself. I told him he is not to blame for my actions. He then laughed and asked if I locked up his bank account (3 failed attempts and he has to call them). I told him no, not this time, I didn't make 3 attempts. He smiled and said "that's progress."

After I apologized, he said it wasn't necessary but i said it was, so he accepted it. I am glad he was so understanding but I am still struggling to forgive myself and my recent stumble.

Last night was an example of how I can put my own self through misery. IMO, there is a difference in confirming my gut instincts or just creating insanity. Sadly, last night was the latter.

I tried telling myself if there is anything to hide "more will be revealed" but those were just words that I could not accept in that moment. Damn, I selfishly wish he would just get the shot again. Ughhhh

It was that very thought that got my mind turning. I started to think maybe he can't because he isn't clean....and then my mind was off.

I need to simply just trust God. Love people but trust God!!
We stumble from time to time. The goal is to minimize those stumbles, and to acknowledge when you do.

Best,
ZoSo
Old 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Progress not perfection ~

how very brave to admit to yourself and others your struggles - it helps us all to be able to admit we struggle -
Thank you for your honesty and please keep taking good care of you -

I know for me - when I'm tired, stressed, overwhelmed, (HALT - hungry, angry, lonely or tired) - that's when I'm at my weakest for my slips ~

pink hugs