Effexer

Old 03-31-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Effexer

Hello,

I have a loved one who has a problem with codone abuse that is related to his effexer prescription. We live in France and he has been taking an over the counter drug called "codolipran" which is like a tylenol mixed with codine.

He takes it because I do not think the effexer is effective in releving his depression and anxiety. I know that withdrawl from effexer is dangerous and i would really like to know what to expect and advice. I just really feel lost because i can't help him.

He has always taken prescription drugs I have had lying arou d. But once he found this codine laces drug he has been taking it for 5 months and justifying it because here in France it is an OTC drug. Like somehow since its legal he wont get addicted to it.

I am rambling...i really need advice. He is having withdrawls from the codine today but since the pharmacies are open tomorrow he want to go get a small amount and aleviate the pain. I am so worried that the withdrawl from this mixed with the effexer is going to hurt his heart.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He needs to go see a physician to appropriately ween from the Effexor. It can have dangerous withdrawal symptoms if stopped abruptly. If he is having trouble with his anxiety and depression. He should seek help from a psychiatrist who can prescribe the appropriate medications for his symptoms. As far as his addiction. That is something he is going to also speak to his doctor about. Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I had a horrible time getting off of Effexor and I was tapering under a doctor's supervision.
It was living hell. He needs to see a doctor.