I'm so sad....

Old 03-30-2013, 06:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy I'm so sad....

I just want to vent about how sad I've been lately. I feel so alone and I miss his kids. This is so unfair. I know what I did is for the best but its not fair. He's used me and I let it happen. I feel in love and more in love with his family. Now I have neither. Not fair. I feel I'm falling apart. I don't like to feel this sad and mad. I'm trying so hard to get my happy back. I was doing so good a month ago.

Please send me words of encouragement and hugs 😻

Thanks!

Jennie
Old 03-30-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're going through such a sad time right now, Momzo. I agree, unfortunately, life isn't always fair. But we have to just deal with it, play the hand we're dealt and keep moving forward until it gets better - and it WILL get better. You're at almost 4 months and that is so great!! You made the decision that was best for you, despite still loving your ex, and you've stuck with it - you should be very proud of yourself!! It's normal to have these sad periods, even after you've been doing so well. We all know how hard it is to not be with someone we still love - but they don't love us back!! They love their DOC and that's ALL they love. As long as they are still in active addiction, they will ALWAYS choose their drug over us, and if we're REALLY honest with ourselves, that does not make for a happy, loving relationship and more times than not, we ended up being miserable. So just keep hanging in there, Momzo and keep reading and posting. This time will pass, and you'll once again be glad that you did the right thing for YOU. (((HUGS)))
Old 03-30-2013, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

It is very difficult when we lose more then just "him." IMO, the early days of spring makes many people of us restless. Spring symbolizes new beginnings which may be feel uncomfortable right now.

Is there something you can do today that symbolizes new beginnings to a happy, healthier YOU? A walk, a yoga class, cleaning out your closet, buying a new outfit??
Old 03-30-2013, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you! Just dusted and vacuumed house 😄 getting ready to go on treadmill...I should feel a little better after that.

Yes...spring brings new beginnings...I need to focus on my new beginnings and not what could've been. I truly am happier without him,but mad it happened. One thing I learned is recognizing red flags! I met this guy a couple weeks ago..he seemed nice..but we went out on Thursday and he mentioned all of these pain pills he's on for an old injury. Red flag. He chooses pills over therapy. When I mentioned to him I'm not ready for a relationship...he blew up and left me! Thank God I knew someone there to take me home. Funny...but I have boundaries now and I love myself and will protect me from now on.

I love you all! Thank you!