OT - My Son and Easter Egg Lesson

Old 03-29-2013, 10:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - My Son and Easter Egg Lesson

I'm very excited this year because my son is able to participate in some Easter activities even though he doesn't understand the true meaning of Easter, or even "the Easter Bunny". In fact he was very scared of the large Easter Bunny at the mall when we tried to get his picture taken. Santa, clowns, bunnys - he is wise that there is something not exactly right about these dressed up characters.

But this year he is big into rabbit ears, and looking for giant Easter Eggs that I hide (pretty much in plain site). He is proud finding them, and then cracking them open. Some contain his favorite little crackers, and this excites him. While others are empty, but with these he giggles and laughs.

I think there is a lesson in this too. Part of the joy in life is just in enjoying opportunities and adventures that come our way. And learning to enjoy the unexpected surprises that sometimes suddenly appear. The journey is it's own reward.

Happy Easter to Everyone.
If anyone else has cute Easter stories, ideas for entertaining the "tiny tots" or plans they would like to share, please do so.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, we don't really know who it is under those costumes. Could be real creeps. Maybe the kids are onto something!

I don't like surprises usually. I've started to appreciate the good ones, like my daughter. I still have to work on that though, appreciating the journey and everything.

I have nothing fun to share. My daughter will turn 16 weeks old on Easter. She had a cute Easter outfit it to wear, that's about as much as she can participate. I think it might be a little too cold to wear it though.

Hope you family is doing well, allforcnm!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kyles View Post
Well, we don't really know who it is under those costumes. Could be real creeps. Maybe the kids are onto something!

I don't like surprises usually. I've started to appreciate the good ones, like my daughter. I still have to work on that though, appreciating the journey and everything.

I have nothing fun to share. My daughter will turn 16 weeks old on Easter. She had a cute Easter outfit it to wear, that's about as much as she can participate. I think it might be a little too cold to wear it though.

Hope you family is doing well, allforcnm!
Hi Kyles !!

Wow your daughter is getting big! But I know what you mean.. my son is just now getting more interactive with a larger environement. It is fun seeing all these new experiences through his eyes. He has a new little Easter suit to wear this year too ! I dont think he will be too excited about it, but his grandma bought it for him & so it has to make an appearance. It is cute though, little bow tie and all. Yep, we are all doing good. Hope you have a good Easter & Do take lots of pictures !
Old 03-30-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Some contain his favorite little crackers, and this excites him. While others are empty, but with these he giggles and laughs.
Life will not disappoint this little fella.

My brief Easter story...

Years ago my 4 year old nephew awoke Easter morning at our house and was thrilled to find a big basket left by the Easter Bunny, and even more than the chocolate he liked the stuffed bunny that was sitting on top, squealing with joy.

We went to church and I hadn't noticed how often the phrase "He was dead, but He has risen!" was used. My nephew was yet unfamiliar with the true meaning of Easter and thought they were talking about the Easter Bunny.

He shrieked out to all who might hear (which was anyone in a 10 mile radius)..."THE EASTER BUNNY IS NOT DEAD, HE WAS AT MY HOUSE LAST NIGHT!!!"

From the mouths of babes...

Hugs
Old 03-30-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I know this isn't very "Eastery" but I have always enjoyed doing bubbles. I love all the expressions and giggles that came with their amazement of the colorful bubbles.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love this thread. I enjoy all the posts. Precious little ones...

My kids are grown, and I remember the fun we had with them as kids at Eastertime. I am fortunate to have family with lots of little and big kiddos, some that we'll be seeing on Easter Sunday, and I had fun shopping around for treats for them.

Happy Easter to all.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My Easter story is about "older kids". I volunteer at a local senior center, serving lunch. Yesterday, there were plastic eggs all over the center, with a piece of candy in them. However, there was ONE golden egg to be found with a "prize" in it - a coupon for a free lunch.

I can't tell you how fun it was to see people in their 80's and 90's looking EVERYWHERE for the golden egg!

In addition, one of my favorite couples brought a toy. It's a singing, bouncing pastel colored furry bunny that you put plastic eggs in it's back and it "lays" them. They had an audience at their table the whole time

The lady said that she was raised during the depression and had no toys, so her daughter always makes sure she has a cute toy for every holiday and she shares it with us.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-31-2013, 05:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
My Easter story is about "older kids". I volunteer at a local senior center, serving lunch. Yesterday, there were plastic eggs all over the center, with a piece of candy in them. However, there was ONE golden egg to be found with a "prize" in it - a coupon for a free lunch.

I can't tell you how fun it was to see people in their 80's and 90's looking EVERYWHERE for the golden egg!
So very cool. I bet they had a great time.

Kudos to you for being there to give the "big kids" a hand.