Positive thinking....

Old 03-21-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Positive thinking....

You've heard the saying "you are what you eat". I don't really agree with that .....I think the saying should be "you are what you THINK". I have a daily ritual......part of that is searching out positive ways to view things. I feed my brain positives and I believe I become what I dwell on.

Here are a few positive thoughts that I'd like to share with all of you. Please feel free to add your own positive thoughts.

A negative attitude is like a punctured tire. You can't get anywhere until you change it.

Life is like a camera. Just FOCUS on what's important and capture the good times. DEVELOP from the NEGATIVES and if things don't work out, just take another SHOT. (That one's for Ann.)

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. ~Galileo

Most of the problems in life are for one of two reasons: We act without thinking or we keep thinking without acting.

Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions louder than your words.

Everyone is gifted....but some people never open their package.

F-E-A-R has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run -or- Face Everything And Rise. How will you experience your FEAR?

Silence doesn't always mean yes. Sometimes it means I'm tired of explaining to people who don't even care to understand.

Everyone thinks of changing the world but no one thinks of changing himself. ~Leo Tolstoy

I would rather be ALONE with dignity than be in a relationship that requires me to sacrifice my self respect.

When writing the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen.

Appreciate what you HAVE before it becomes what you HAD.

Sometimes people don't notice the things we do for them until we STOP doing it. (That one's for all the codependents out there. lol)

The most romantic story is not Romeo and Juliet who died together....it's grandma and grandpa who grew old together.

God....I know it's your plan....just help me through it.

Pain is an indication that something needs to change. Fear is what stands in the way.

Have a great day everyone!

Much love and gentle hugs
ke
Old 03-21-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

.part of that is searching out positive ways to view things. I feed my brain positives and I believe I become what I dwell on.

Thank you Kindeyes. This is just what I needed to hear. I believe that I will write 'Positives' on my arm, to remind myself.

I seem to be feeling angry for some reason, and it is sapping my energy. Maybe all the negatives I feed myself are making me angry?

chicory
Old 03-21-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Do my Actions reflect my recovery or my disease?

Staying in yesterday feeds guilt, looking always at tomorrow feeds fear, staying in today allows you to enjoy the gift of the present

There is nothing wrong with being honest, but there is no reason to be cruel

Showing others respect and dignity, allows me to keep mine

These are just a few that I have written in some of my daily readers ~

GREAT thread!! thanks KE - really appreciate this !!

pink hugs
Old 03-21-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Me: God, can I ask You a question?
God: Sure
Me: Promise You won't get mad
God: I promise
Me: Why did You let so much stuff happen to me today?
God: What do u mean?
Me: Well, I woke up late
God: Yes
Me: My car took forever to start
God: Okay
Me: at lunch they made my sandwich wrong & I had to wait
God: Huummm
Me: On the way home, my phone went DEAD, just as I picked up a call
God: All right

Me: And on top of it all off, when I got home ~I just want to soak my feet in my new foot massager & relax. BUT it wouldn't work!!! Nothing went right today! Why did You do that?
God: Let me see, the death angel was at your bed this morning & I had to send one
of My Angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that......

Me (humbled): OH

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Me: (ashamed)

God: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick & I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me (embarrassed):Okay

God: Your phone went dead bcuz the person that was calling was going to tell lies to others about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered.

Me (softly): I see God

God: Oh and that foot massager, it had an electrical shorte that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm Sorry God

God: Don't be sorry, just learn to Trust Me.... in All things , the Good & the bad.

Me: I will trust You.

God: And don't doubt that My plan for your day is Always Better than your plan.

Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, Thank You for Everything today.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow, Kindeyes, what a great thread. And I love God's answer.

I agree, I am what I think. I feel however I set my mind to feel. It's okay to feel the emotions of sadness and pain, but I know I can't hang out there long, so knowing how to bring back the light helps me stay balanced.

Some of my thoughts that can swing me from negative to positive thinking are...

If you can't change your circumstances, change your attitude.

A little gratitude goes a long way.

Walking with nature is walking with God. Get out there and embrace the beauty of the day.

Let your attitude be gratitude.

And when my days go all wrong, like in your story above, when I sleep in or my car won't start or I forgot to put the milk back in the fridge, or I have a dental appointment that I really would rather miss... I tell myself "If that's the worse thing that happens to me today, thank You God."

Yes, I AM as I THINK. Thanks for this reminder to brush up my attitude and enjoy my day.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The sun still shines

I love the conversation with God. Einstein said you have to decide whether everything happens to you or for you. The latter makes you see the world in a whole different way and God just proved it lol.