Just For Today..

Old 03-17-2013, 09:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Just For Today..

From the Just For Today Al Anon Book Mark

Just for today...I will try to live through this day only and not tackle all my problems at once.
I can do something for 12 hours that would appall me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

Just for today...I will be happy.
This assumes to be true what Abraham Lincoln said, that "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."

Just for today...I will adjust myself to what is, and not try to adjust everything to my own desires.
I will take my "luck" as it comes, and fit it to myself.

Just for today...I will try to strengthen my mind.
I will study. I will learn something useful. I will not be a mental loafer.
I will read something that requires effort, thought, and concentration.

Just for today...I will exercise my soul in three ways:
I will do somebody a good turn, and not get found out; if anybody knows of it, it will not count.
I will do at least two things I do not want to do -- just for exercise.
I will not show anyone that my feelings are hurt; they may be hurt, but today I will not show it.

Just for today...I will be agreeable.
I will look as well as I can, dress becomingly, keep my voice low, be courteous, criticize not one bit.
I won't find fault with anything, nor try to improve or regulate anybody but myself.

Just for today...I will have a program.
I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it.
I will save myself from two pests: hurry and indecision.

Just for today...I will have a quiet half hour all by myself and relax.
During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get a better perspective of my life.

Just for today...I will be unafraid.
Especially I will be not be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful
and to believe that as I give to the world, so the world will give to me.

PRAYER FOR TODAY

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me so love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Shinebright, you must have been peeking in my window because I really needed to read this today.

One day at a time is all we get to live, trying to live in the regrets of yesterday or the fear of tomorrow will suck all the joy out of today.

Just for today...I will have a quiet half hour all by myself and relax.
During this half hour, sometime, I will try to get a better perspective of my life.
It's funny how we always manage to have time for others but it can be very difficult to commit to taking time for ourselves.

Back to the basics for me, I need a refresher course in taking good care of myself.

Hugs and Thank You.