My "new"husband.

Old 03-17-2013, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My "new"husband.

My "old" husband (the one that I married),was not an opiate addict. My "new "husband (same guy) is an opiate addict. My "old "husband was smart. He was very funny and had a personality. He was loving, affectionate, always gave me a kiss to greet me,say goodbye or goodnight or for no reason at all.We had a very healthy sex life. He loved to cook and eat dinner with the family. He watched movies with us.We played games. He loved being a father. He worked and paid bills. He did things around the house. He spent time at the house. He complimented me.He appreciated me.He shaved and showered daily. He wore clean clothes. He valued marriage and family. He traveled in a vehicle. He was nice to others. He believed in God.My "new "husband has no sense of humor or personality. He barely talks. He yells.He is mean and doesn't care about anyone but himself. He's not affectionate. He no longer cares about sex.He doesn't compliment me or appreciate me. He insults me and picks out the one and other thing that I forgot to do.He doesn't like to cook and barely eats. When he does, it's not with the family. He doesn't watch movies or play games with the family. He doesn't value family. He parties with "so call friends "He doesn't work or pay bills. If he (somehow) makes money, it goes to feed his addiction. He does nothing around the house. He doesn't even stay home. He lies. He manipulates. He blames.He rarely showers. He wears the same dirty clothes everyday. He walks the streets. His ONLY ambition is to obtain and take opiates. Then he protects and defends them. They are his LIFE! If he could marry them and have a life with them, I think he would. U THINK HE HAS!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Husband (child of God) vs. Disease (beast overtaking child of God)

I do my best to see the difference between the two.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by jzeb2008 View Post
My "old" husband (the one that I married),was not an opiate addict. My "new "husband (same guy) is an opiate addict. My "old "husband was smart. He was very funny and had a personality. He was loving, affectionate, always gave me a kiss to greet me,say goodbye or goodnight or for no reason at all.We had a very healthy sex life. He loved to cook and eat dinner with the family. He watched movies with us.We played games. He loved being a father. He worked and paid bills. He did things around the house. He spent time at the house. He complimented me.He appreciated me.He shaved and showered daily. He wore clean clothes. He valued marriage and family. He traveled in a vehicle. He was nice to others. He believed in God.My "new "husband has no sense of humor or personality. He barely talks. He yells.He is mean and doesn't care about anyone but himself. He's not affectionate. He no longer cares about sex.He doesn't compliment me or appreciate me. He insults me and picks out the one and other thing that I forgot to do.He doesn't like to cook and barely eats. When he does, it's not with the family. He doesn't watch movies or play games with the family. He doesn't value family. He parties with "so call friends "He doesn't work or pay bills. If he (somehow) makes money, it goes to feed his addiction. He does nothing around the house. He doesn't even stay home. He lies. He manipulates. He blames.He rarely showers. He wears the same dirty clothes everyday. He walks the streets. His ONLY ambition is to obtain and take opiates. Then he protects and defends them. They are his LIFE! If he could marry them and have a life with them, I think he would. U THINK HE HAS!
So knowing what you know to be true, what's your path forward?
Old 03-17-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Same here jzeb, what a shame that a drug can take a person like that. It is truly unbelievable to compare the before and after. In my case it never changed back and I had to leave. You have summed up the drug journey some spouses take and it leaves those who love them bewildered, after we've wandered around in the desert with them for a while, it begins to make life really crazy, doesn't it? So sorry this happened to you and yours. If it wasn't so tragic it could be laughable, how a person can just choose to check out of life. Peace.