Visit with my addict.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Visit with my addict.

My mother in law planned on coming over to my house to visit with the kids and I this afternoon without my husband. When I talked to her this morning she said that he wanted to come, too.She said that she was planning on talking to him about his addiction. When she did, he of course, denied ever snorting them. He called me and asked me why I was starting in again about his pills (of course, protect and defend them).He said that he doesn't take any more than needed to deal with his shoulder pain. He is buying them on the streets or bugging his mom for them and prescribing them to himself. He also ONLY snorts them. What healthy person in legitimate pain snorts pills? I didn't even argue with him about it so he can't put it back on me later. He said that he wasn't coming over now and I just said, "Good. "(I forgot to mention that I told him mom to forewarn him before he came over not to start anything or he wasn't welcome.) He came over anyways. He hugged and talked to the kids but not me.Only complained about the color of paint used in my son's room. Then, he went out on the front porch where his things are and came out complaining this put his stuff out there (as if he didn't already know) and starting insulting me. I told him to leave but he didn't until after he told me that he would be back next week for the rest of his stuff and will never be back.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He's a quacker alright....it frustrates the heck out of an addict when we can stay calm and composed regardless of what they do. It amplifies the craziness of their own behaviors.....they don't like that.
gentle hugs
ke
Old 03-16-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Just more IDLE QUACKING!

I hope you are going ahead with starting the divorce, as you have already stated you have decided to do.

This man is causing tension and strife in your children. Time to remove the kids from that as much as possible.

The less contact with him and your m-i-l will do much for your peach and serenity.

Just remember we are walking with you 24/7!!

Love and hugs,