Some Happy News...

Old 03-08-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some Happy News...

My little brother and his wife just had their first baby -- a beautiful boy...

And I'm now a grateful AUNTIE!

Goodness still exists even when I'm wrapped up in all this "stuff" and I'm so glad to be smiling again this morning. I really needed to feel some joy. :-)

Happy birthday to my wee little nephew!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!

Old 03-08-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

congrats!!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing shinebright7! Congratulations!! I just wanted to quickly say that I knew I was beginning to make progress when I was able to look past all the chaos created by my addict and begin to focus on all that WAS good in MY life. A fellow al-anon member described her husband's alcoholism as "feeling like I always had a massive exercise ball in front of my face (his addiction) and in order to see the good things I had to mentally reach out and move it out of the way. Only then was I able to see all the good people/things that were in my path". I totally related to this. Addiction become all absorbing and blinding at times. I do feel I've been able to move my "exercise ball" into the periphery...it's still there but I give everything else the attention it deserves. I LOVE being able to see these simple joys and I appreciate you reminding me to watch for them...recognize them for the gift they are. They are the things that sustains us through this most difficult time. Have a great day! I'm really happy for you.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yayyy!!! I love babies so that makes me very happy. congrats!!!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lizwig View Post
Thank you for sharing shinebright7! Congratulations!! I just wanted to quickly say that I knew I was beginning to make progress when I was able to look past all the chaos created by my addict and begin to focus on all that WAS good in MY life. A fellow al-anon member described her husband's alcoholism as "feeling like I always had a massive exercise ball in front of my face (his addiction) and in order to see the good things I had to mentally reach out and move it out of the way. Only then was I able to see all the good people/things that were in my path". I totally related to this. Addiction become all absorbing and blinding at times. I do feel I've been able to move my "exercise ball" into the periphery...it's still there but I give everything else the attention it deserves. I LOVE being able to see these simple joys and I appreciate you reminding me to watch for them...recognize them for the gift they are. They are the things that sustains us through this most difficult time. Have a great day! I'm really happy for you.
It does feel like a shift that I can really appreciate and enjoy this today. Yesterday I was so mired in my crap that I was laying in bed aching all over and crying. Ugh.

But then I made another boundary with my husband and told him I couldn't talk with him for a few days because it was making me sick and I was really having a difficult time...

And surprisingly he was very respectful and texted back, "Okay babe. I love you."

Wow!

So I stated my boundary. GO ME!

Then it was respected. Bonus!

I woke up feeling more refreshed than I have in days and then my little nephew was born and I really felt JOY again!

Thank you all for celebrating with me. He is just precious and the pictures are making me smile like crazy. I'm sure my brother and sister in law feel like he's their little miracle, but today he's also my gift and miracle too. xo
Old 03-08-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations, shinebright7!!! My two nieces are always a source of light in my life. On Wednesday, I called off of work because I was having a day like you were yesterday - I just couldn't drag myself out of bed and face the world and all I did was cry all day. And that night, I was talking to my brother and my 5 yo niece got on the phone (because she always has to say hi to her favorite aunt ) and hearing her sweet little voice was enough to bring tears to my eyes for the 50th time that day, but for the first time that day they were HAPPY tears!!

Being an aunt is a wonderful blessing - ENJOY!!!