Withdrawal symptons or binge?

Old 03-03-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawal symptons or binge?

Hi I'm new to this forum although not new to SR and was wondering if any of you guys can help me.

My brother is addicted to prescribed meds and often binged on cocaine or whatever, I don't really know.

He's admitted his problem and has been doing great with councelling and the doctors although his(meds) ran out before he could get additional support from the Detox team so he claims to have withdrawn on his own this week.

I'm not sure if he has or if he's been on a binge as he was away from home on family business at the time. During this time he wouldn't answer my calls.

He's now home and extremely agitated. I just feel I've heard this so many times but I truly want to believe my brother, I know how hard it is to beat an addiction. (I'm a recovering alcoholic)

Any thoughts, opinions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You can probably believe your brother that he wants to get clean, I don't believe any active addict wants to do what they are doing.

Is he clean? He's the only one who knows the answer.

Watching his actions will tell you more than his words ever could. Time always tells.

In the meantime keep looking after yourself, and we will all pray for your brother, that he finds a good path soon.

Hugs
Old 03-04-2013, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Ann. Much appreciated.

He's seems better today but I think I now know the answer to my question It appears to have been another binge.