To the veterans- thank YOU ALL!

Old 03-01-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

To the veterans- thank YOU ALL!

SR family, I want to personally and publicly thank the veterans for the wisdom and knowledge that is shared here due to the long and arduous walks you have all taken before me....
I love to see Anvilhead , Cynical One, Out to Lunch, Ann, Kind Eyes, Zoso, Leslie, Love me Now, Dollydo, Impurrfect, Cece, Dee, Vale, Rita (pink hugs)and so many others continue to post to everyone who comes for help. Many of you have made it through "the other side"...

I have been a member since 10-11 and I still feel like a newbie! Dealing with my son is so painful I feel like I take three steps forward, and two steps back every day! My journey has no expiration date: This is my oldest son. My story is the same as so many of those shared here whether you are a Mom, Dad, Wife, Girlfriend, Husband, Sister, Brother, Boyfriend, friend or other.

I do believe the wisdom shared here and I accept that I am not his answer. I also love that every time I see a post from a veteran who has walked this path before me, I am still in awe in and understanding your ESH.
Thank you for staying with this family and continuing to care for those who are in need. I really love you all....

Truly yours,
Teresa
Old 03-01-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

For me and I believe others here also:

Recovery is not a goal, recovery is a journey.

And so far, I have found some very beautiful things on this journey, some not so nice
also, but I have the tools today to deal with the 'not so nice.'

You are doing fantastic and have come so far!!!!

Glad you are walking with us.

Love and hugs,
Old 03-01-2013, 11:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree. I really respect those here that have made it so far and for so long, yet continue to stick around and help us newbies. Check out 2granddaughters. He has been clean since 1989 and instead of just moving on, he stays here and helps. I've got nothing but respect for people like that.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I feel the same way. Thank you to all! I feel just a little bit stronger. I feel just a little bit more like me. Thank you.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

TT
I hope you know how much you have helped me as well. It's a rough journey to be the mother of an addict and knowing that you (and all of the parents here) are walking beside me helps make my journey easier.
gentle hugs
ke
Old 03-02-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What you described about this forum is what I have found to be true in AA and Al Anon meetings...

It's so inspiring to hear from those who have been in the bottom and then risen out and are now shining examples of hope and freedom in their lives! And those who are in the trenches and are finding their way to greater self-love no matter what is going on around them.

As a newbie to the world of realizing that my husband is an addict, I need these stories of hope SO MUCH.

Not just hope that my husband can go into recovery, but that I can stop feeling like I'm living a nightmare and can be happy and at peace in my life again like I used to be.

Super grateful to be able to be inspired and learn from people here and in face to face meetings locally. It really makes a difference!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Now hang on a minute, Teresa, I thought that I was following you!

I've been here 11 years this month, from the time we had about 1000 members to today when we have more than 100,000...I've watched us grow and yet some things never change...the fact that this program is about one codie helping another, walking side by side on our journey.

I came here exhausted and broken, I found peace, healing, wisdom and laughter (something I hadn't felt for a very long time) here and most of the members here are like family to me today.

Those who went before me helped me find my light and I will hold it for every newcomer that walks through the SR door because I know what it was like to live in the darkness of fear and I am so grateful that I never have to live there again. I will share my light until they find theirs, and they will share theirs for the next newcomer...that's how it works.

I love you all, each one of you no matter what your circumstance. And Teresa, I love you and the posse of mamas who have comforted me on the scary days and made me laugh on the better days, and who are here for me 24/7 every day of the year.

Sheesh, sometimes I get carried away with words, but I mean every one of them.

Hugs
Old 03-02-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Adding to the list, I was a bit emotional yesterday (wonder why LOL?)
To thank Laurie, Devon and the zoo crew and the other Mamma (and Beavs Dad Posse members who hold us together! I had a wonderful internal conversation with God last night, once again reminding me that HE has this in HIS hand, and I can kindly let go of the rope! Boy oh boy I smack myself in the head every time I get that gentle reminder that my peace is always there, I just need to let go of the silly rope!
Having a good day even though my car died yesterday and may never recover.
Everyone enjoy this beautiful day!
Love
TT