Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

Silver Linings Playbook - Go see it if you need some encouragement ! Excellent .

Silver Linings Playbook - Go see it if you need some encouragement ! Excellent .

Old 03-01-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My boyfriend and I stole a few hours early today; had a leisurely breakfast & then went to see the movie Silver Linings Playbook. I had already seen it a couple months ago, but it was back in our theater since its won so many awards, and an Oscar for Jennifer Lawrence.

If anyone needs some encouragement, this is a wonderful story of how a family deals with mental illness (very similar to drug addiction IMO) and it has all the components. Police at the door, fights with parents, selfish behavior,actual assault, accepting therapy and medication, the power of family support and love, letting go of the past, building new dreams, hope for the future & yes even finding true love amid the chaos.

Its an amazing film, and even my boyfriend enjoyed it.

If you need a pick-me-up this weekend, then I would highly recommend.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

SUCH a great movie. Really really loved it and look forward to owning it when it comes out on DVD.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I loved this movie. Those manic episodes were close to what we experienced with my boyfriend when he was on meth. I also loved the portrayal of the strong family that stuck together, and even though they all had some dysfunction they worked, they loved each other and supported each other. That kind of love can make all the difference. It was a GREAT movie and Im glad it got so much attention. I will be buying it on dvd too when it comes out.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shinebright7 View Post
SUCH a great movie. Really really loved it and look forward to owning it when it comes out on DVD.
I think it is out April 30th. I went to see it with my girlfriends a while back. Of course part of the reason was Bradley Cooper, but then we found out the movie was just really great overall.