God is good

Old 02-28-2013, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God is good

As some of you may know, my son is in the SA-ARC program and has been there since the end of last November. Those who have followed my journey also know that he had been severely beaten, was jobless, lost all of his possessions (everything but the clothes on his back), and was homeless prior to making a decision to change his life.

The program is tough. I have not seen him since the day I dropped him off there 3+ months ago. But I have had about three 10 minute conversations with him during that time.

In the last conversation about a month ago, he was telling about his days and the program (which is very structured and tough). He made me chuckle when he told me that "there's a WHOLE lot of God around here".

The only thing I could think when he said that was "God is good".

gentle hugs
ke
Old 02-28-2013, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The sun still shines

Yes, KE, God is good. Thank you for the reminder. I also feel it strongly today.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

the program is a very tough one. they have a full workweek in addition to the classic recovery therapy. Im so glad your son is in the program, and doing well.

"God is good"
all the time
Old 02-28-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

God is GOOD! KE, this is wonderful update. I pray and thank God your son continues to stay focused and has surrendered to the program. I pray for JJ to do the same
Old 02-28-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

TT
You and JJ are always in my prayers. I have no idea if my son will stay on his current path of recovery but I am thankful for today. There was a time when I didn't think that it was possible. I know you understand what I mean......

I hope and pray that JJ will someday soon be sick and tired of being sick and tired.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 02-28-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like your son is right where he needs to be right now.

God is good, and after some of the struggles we have all been through, it is an amazing thing that we can still remember that.