"Now I'm the one manipulating",says the addicts.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Now I'm the one manipulating",says the addicts.

My addict husband and his addict mom are again putting it on me that I ruined their lives by putting him out until he's in treatment and now I'm a piece of s#*@ who manipulates the system (which his mother has done her whole life) by getting assistance from the state and a handout at Christmas time for the children while he was spending all of his money on drugs. I don't receive support from my ex husband for my older 4 children (who he says that I spit out like a hamster to take advantage of the system. NOT true! I was married to their father, we planned all of the children and he worked and paid the bills the whole time that we were together. NO assistance!) It's not my fault that he doesn't pay support right now and it's not as if I haven't taken him to court over and over and nothing has been done about it.I CAN'T STAND THIS!!! I'm so tired of being told how much this is my fault and that I am the lowlife here.I'm trying to do what's best for myself and my children!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jzeb2008 View Post
My addict husband and his addict mom are again putting it on me that I ruined their lives by putting him out until he's in treatment and now I'm a piece of s#*@ who manipulates the system (which his mother has done her whole life) by getting assistance from the state and a handout at Christmas time for the children while he was spending all of his money on drugs. I don't receive support from my ex husband for my older 4 children (who he says that I spit out like a hamster to take advantage of the system. NOT true! I was married to their father, we planned all of the children and he worked and paid the bills the whole time that we were together. NO assistance!) It's not my fault that he doesn't pay support right now and it's not as if I haven't taken him to court over and over and nothing has been done about it.I CAN'T STAND THIS!!! I'm so tired of being told how much this is my fault and that I am the lowlife here.I'm trying to do what's best for myself and my children!
Addicts are always the first to point the finger at someone else for their problems instead of facing the truth that the problem is with themselves. You getting assitance from the state to help support your children does not make you a piece of s#*@. He and his mother obviously have major issues and you throwing him out was the right thing to do for your own sanity and saftey of yourself and your children. Nobody ruined their lives but themselves. Keep doing what you need to do to protect yourself and your kids from the addicts and don't think twice about what or how they feel about it.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Stop talking to, texting, emails, etc

You do NOT have to take their abuse.

You are doing what is BEST for you and the children!

Remember we are their in your home walking with you.

Love and hugs,
Old 02-27-2013, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jzeb2008 View Post
It is not about you; it is about them. Addicts look for anyone (except themselves) to blame, and if you're standing there, you're it. None of it is your fault, and the less contact you have with them, the better off you will be.

You do not have to accept the blame for anything you didn't do.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Now that I am out of a relationship with a drug addict I have noticed ONE thing they ALL have in common.... When you are DONE with them... They will turn EVERYONE against you. They will twist lies to make you out to be the bad one..

Mine is doing this right now! Thankfully we have no friends in common so it has no effect on me! Those friends won't even be in his life long enough either!

Your eyes will continue to open and all of that will mean nothing! You know who you are.. And so does every real friend/family member you have! That's all that should matter to you!!