Enabling mother in law telling him that I need help,not him.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Enabling mother in law telling him that I need help,not him.

My opiate addicted/alcoholic husband has been out of the house for 10 days now. He is currently staying with his addict /alcoholic, 100% enabling (food, shelter, her cellphone, money, her pills, alcohol, cigarettes, ect.).She is the kind who loves drama and playing both sides of the fence. She will act like my best friend and tell me how worthless her son is and how bad he needs help and turn right around and tell him that I'm crazy, a worthless mother and that he doesn't need help;that I do!Right now she has him convinced that the most important things that he needs to do are to get shoulder surgery, marriage counseling (which I know won't work if we are not BOTH in recovery) and to get registered for school. She has convined him that he doesn't have a drinking problem (that he doesn't drink any more than anyone else he knows) and that I need to find something else to do with my time besides worry about him.I have 5 children, a home and finances to worry about about. NOT HIM!!!Can anyone relate?
Old 02-25-2013, 02:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sure I can relate. I solved my problem by going no contact. I don't need people sucking the energy out of me. I have enough to deal in this world when it comes to taking care of myself and my son. Negative, psychotic people are not invited or allowed to be part of my life. Sounds like you might want to consider going no contact with both of them. You can't argue with crazy or addicts.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is amazing the amount of drama wrapped up in addiction. Getting away from both your husband & his mother are key. Both of them are in denial. My mother used to do the same thing with my brother, and neither one of them ever got the helped they needed.