watching his actions but still skeptical

Old 02-24-2013, 11:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

watching his actions but still skeptical

well "patch" is the screen name I have chosen for my addict from now on. Its the name of a character from one of my novels and suits him. Im not really sure if he is my BF right now, although I am exclusive to him, and he isn't in any coed interaction... we are in what feels to be a friendzone. Its refreshing. anyhow...

I picked him up at rehab today for the scheduled visit and he was just radiating with excitement. He has been offered and internship this summer with the SA if he completes the program. They will cover housing and possibly a job next fall if he does well. Pretty cool. But Im posting because he said that whatever his career choice is he wants to work in a field that has regular but random drug testing. He feels like it will be a good motivation for him. Also, he mentioned that he closed his bank account and has transferred the funds into a secured savings. He didn't want me to be concerned about how to pay DS psychologist next month, and complimented my recovery when I told him I had the money on my own from this years tax return (praise god) he also says he wants to only ever have direct deposit into a savings account that has no debit card. His logic, no atm, no way to grab money at anytime. actually going in to the bank is a deterent, and having boundaries on how much can be withdrawn and how often is also. He says no credit card, no cash advances. I will wait and see if it lasts, hmmm this post is all about him isn't it ??? meh... Im glad to see these actions... I hope they last... and I am very glad that he shared these decisions with me, but even more glad to start detangling our financial enmeshment as far as bills and DS medical bills go.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

This is all new to him, he is in the excitment phase, it can be contagious, we codies love to hear positive words!

Just curious, what happened to staying in the program for a year?

Keeping your finances seperate sounds like a good idea to me.

Don't get lost in "him" keep working on you, and your recovery.

Thanks for the update!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

dolly, Im so glad you keep encouraging me. Internship is phase 2 and the job would be the 3rd phase. His housing would be on campus until January of next year.
it is easy to get wrapped up in thier excitement isn't it? Im like a sponge sometimes.
Im trying to keep working on me, and entering a temporary 2 week long stint of NC. stretching time out between visits. I've seen him enough this week.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Good for you! You have come a long way, your hard work is paying off!

I agree, it is easy to get excited with them, I've been there!