SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Today (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/284892-today.html)

ZiggyStardust91 02-19-2013 08:01 PM

Today

Today was a good day for me. I didn't really feel horrible like I have been. I was tested by her (My AXGF) with an "Are you mad at me?" Text.
I didn't even feel the need to text back. I just kinda laughed it off. I'm beginning to see the manipulation and triggers shed pull in me to get reactions. I'm working on getting her blocked completely from contacting me. But for now I'll just delete anything she says and ignore the calls.

I just returned from dinner with a friend and his gf. They want to set me up with one of their friends. I want to meet her, but i wont rush into anything. I think having someone to keep my attention away from my ex could be beneficial, but I need to remember to focus on myself first and foremost.

Thank you all for the support. I hope that one day I can help others going through what I am. No one deserves to feel like this.

In time, we will all heal,
With hope,
Ziggy

KLM 02-19-2013 08:03 PM

Glad to hear you are doing ok. Day by day by day.
I looked up blog posts by cynical one and found alot of them really helped.
Be strong! And you're right, no one deserves this.

KittenBoo 02-19-2013 08:11 PM

Glad to hear you feeling better Ziggy.

Yes, focus on yourself first and foremost.

Get distance from this whole situation. If she is still texting you and thinks it's ok to text you, there is not enough distance yet.

Focus on you. Get back to what you truly want and then that person will come into your life.

I am doing this right now. I don't want to date anyone...my mind and heart are still caught up in too much crap. I know I will get out of it, but now it's "me" time.

Is it finally "you" time Ziggy? I hope so. ;-)

ZiggyStardust91 02-19-2013 08:48 PM

Definitely! I've spent so long caring and worrying for others. My academics slipped due to this, and now it's time for me. I have to make my future. I am the only one responsible for me.

Vale 02-20-2013 12:48 AM

GOOD FOR YOU,Ziggy!

jennyarizona 02-20-2013 08:57 AM

And guess what? It's okay to feel happy and content even when the addict(s) in our life are miserable.

Your phone company can block calls from individuals to your cell. I think you can do it yourself on your wireless management center.

Good luck! Be strong!

EnglishGarden 02-20-2013 04:48 PM

It's so nice to spend time with sane people you don't have to defend against, isn't it?

I'm really glad you are feeling much better.

You can block her but she may still track you down one day. That is a common pattern. Addicts show up again months or years later. If this happens, reach out again for support. People in recovery can help you navigate the uncertain waters.

ZiggyStardust91 02-20-2013 06:24 PM

Thank you all. I plan on sticking around. This is far from over (I feel) and I want to try and help others like you have all helped me.