Valentine's Day.......

Old 02-13-2013, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Valentine's Day.......

What nice and loving thing will you be doing for YOURSELF tomorrow???

I am going to the Hallmark store and will spend lots of time picking out a card for ME - then I am going to write myself a nice note inside. Then, I am also going to buy myself this very cool new candle that burns straight down so you can still use the candle after with votive candles. The candle has a gorgeous butterfly on it too that wont melt when you burn it. I think I will get one for my Godchild too. (Oh, and I will be seeing my therapist too. )

What are you plans?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What I really want to do is be with my exbf….well wish I was ..but I may just end up staying in bed all day tomorrow feeling sorry for myself but I have to pick myself up and study for my finals coming up soon. Sorry to be a bummer
Old 02-13-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Valentines day is my anniversary as well, I will be going to the gym, then getting a bubble bath for me, then I will be spending the evening out with hubby.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It will get better,Broken. I am getting my hair cut,colored and my brows waxed. I also ordered myself some new perfume, but it won't arrive til Friday. That's ok though. Just something to look forward to. It will be a nice stater for my peaceful , drama free weekend. Life without him is SO MUCH better. I never would have believed it!! Happy Valentine's Day everyone.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great idea, LoveMeNow! I've been pissy all week because of valentines day. I was going to hit the gym after work tomorrow, but now I think it may be a good idea to do something nice for myself. I'm trying to think of something positive...
Old 02-13-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am going to love myself tomorrow. I am even going to spend the time I would picking out a card for him, on me....and I am only buying the one card.

It has taken a lot of work, pain, acceptance and time for me to love myself more then him and tomorrow I am really going to celebrate that. For me, Valentine's Day will be a new tradition of self love. I am done outsourcing my happiness and/or hurt.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm not doing anything because I dont want to give weight to valentine's day. It doesnt mean anything to me and it's just another day. It only matters if you care about it.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My sponsor called Valentine's Day the Al-anon National Set-up Day. This day is a total set-up for all of us on this forum. Just like other holidays that are commercialized- this was not the original intention of this holiday. It's all about love, gratitude, and selflessness. Tomorrow you can make a total stranger happy or yourself happy just by smiling. If anything write a valentine to your higher power- and thank them for loving you unconditionally just as you are. Or buy yourself a nice piece of chocolate and savor it. Personally, I am going to take care of myself tomorrow. Valentine's Day like many other days have failed me because I put it on someone else. Taking my power back. The universe wants me to learn to love myself first.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
I am done outsourcing my happiness and/or hurt.
I think I need to write that on a sticky note up on my bulletin board!

Valentine's Day was really painful for me for many years. When EXAH got out of prison on a PV, guess what day we picked for the wedding? Yup, February 14th.

In recent years I've chosen to focus on the important people in my life who really love me, and to be grateful for each and every one of them.

Tomorrow I am going to be a lazy bum at home!

If my tax returns come in, I am taking my youngest daughter and myself out to eat steak in Wichita.

AD has been out of town since last Saturday, won't be home until Friday, so it's been delightfully serene and quiet in my home for several days now. I guess you could call that an extended celebration of Valentine's Day.

Love, love, love candles! I've got three big ones to choose from in the living room, depending on what mood I am in.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blackandblue View Post
The universe wants me to learn to love myself first.
I'm always looking for the lessons in everything. Especially things that made me angry or frustrated, when I'm saying to God, why? I am sometimes able to rise above the negativity and say to myself, there is always a reason; What is the lesson I am supposed to learn from this?

As Swedish House Mafia says, Don't you worry, don't you worry child, see heaven's got a plan for you!

This thread really helped me to turn around the way I had been feeling about Valentines day tomorrow.

Swedish House Mafia - Don't You Worry Child (DJ Breite Remix) FINAL VERSION - YouTube
Old 02-13-2013, 03:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Im going to spend the day with the children, go to the park, I am making them cards tonight. Im ending the day with a candlelit bubblebath for one.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Taking my "boys" to the groomer, and, my brother is taking me out for an early dinner, we made our plans on Sunday and didn't even realize it was Valentines Day, Duh!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
My academic advisor has been all over my a$$ about finding a nice girl and settling down. He said something offhanded like the good book says it's good to be with someone.

I told him the good book doesn't know my addict ex girlfriend. And that shut up him pretty quickly...

God bless him, though, he means well.

Valentine's Day is just another day. Get up, go to class, go to work, come home, eat, play guitar, and relax.

ZoSo
Old 02-13-2013, 04:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So, I am not really a big fan of Valentines day, but I did have a little fun idea. I make my kids lunches every day and my husbands lunch so when everyone leaves in the morning , they always take a little piece of me with them. I am going to put 2 Hersheys kisses in each persons lunch with a pink Post it, saying "I LOVE YOU TODAY AND EVERY DAY".
That is about as much schlock as I have in me- LOL. I also agree, its become such a commercial day and I have NEVER celebrated it with flowers or dinner for the last 15 years of my 23 year marriage. It just doesn't matter to me.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I dug out the old valentines left over from my adult kids, addressed some to my coworkers and special friends at work - I didn't sign my name, just put a heart on them with a pink highlighter. Then I bought some Reeses candy hearts and strawberry filled mini-3 Musketeers, I stayed late at worked and left them on their desks.

I'm pretty excited about the fun I had being the secret valentine! I forgot to put one on my own desk to throw them off . . . lol!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
So, I am not really a big fan of Valentines day, but I did have a little fun idea. I make my kids lunches every day and my husbands lunch so when everyone leaves in the morning , they always take a little piece of me with them. I am going to put 2 Hersheys kisses in each persons lunch with a pink Post it, saying "I LOVE YOU TODAY AND EVERY DAY".
That is about as much schlock as I have in me- LOL. I also agree, its become such a commercial day and I have NEVER celebrated it with flowers or dinner for the last 15 years of my 23 year marriage. It just doesn't matter to me.
The codie in me says booooo!! Buy yourself some sexy, red, lingerie and surprise your husband.

Or cut out 3 little hearts and make each of them a free pass. 1 get out the dog house for free pass 1 - any dinner you want pass and 1 was a night of passion.

(I think I going to be SR's new "love adviser." )
Old 02-13-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by ady gil View Post
For me tomorrow is just a day - that's always been the way I thought of this holiday in particular - it's really commercial and it's always seemed to me like a way to try to make one feel better about themselves for being "in a relationship", I never got it....I hadn't even thought about tomorrow being a holiday until I read it here. I guess I've always been like that, even before the STBXAH.

Tomorrow I will go to work just like I did today and go through my day just like I did today - and then

I'll go on to the next day with barely a blip of the "holiday".
NO!! Buy a plant or some flowers for your desk. Make is a day of love for YOU!!

Geez, you people are killing me. lol
Old 02-13-2013, 06:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Tomorrow I will be sending every ounce of love to my dad and the team of surgeons who will be performing open heart surgery on him.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by ivegotsunshine View Post
Tomorrow I will be sending every ounce of love to my dad and the team of surgeons who will be performing open heart surgery on him.
My prayers are with you all!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blackandblue View Post
Tomorrow you can make a total stranger happy or yourself happy just by smiling. If anything write a valentine to your higher power- and thank them for loving you unconditionally just as you are. Or buy yourself a nice piece of chocolate and savor it. Personally, I am going to take care of myself tomorrow.
I like that!

Sorry to disappoint, LMN, but tomorrow looks like it's going to be the same old routine! However (very unromantically), my better half and I had decided to go out to eat and celebrate sometime in the coming weeks on the day we get our taxes done; it was my unoriginal idea, by the way .