Now he has 9 days.. clean and shiny.

Old 02-09-2013, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now he has 9 days.. clean and shiny.

Wanted to update because my boyfriend is now on Day 9 of his “clean streak”. Im handling it all ok for the most part. I have been working a lot this week, so has he.. and we have not had a lot of time to spend together. That thing about people in recovery needing to be selfish, I can sense that a little bit with him. I wish that he was able to take time off and go into a nice rehab where he could focus only on his health, and where he wouldn’t have to be doing this balancing act, ignoring his needs while he works and does what is expected of him, puts on this façade of being perfect. Like me, he doesn’t have a 8 hour a day job, and is also on call sometimes.

Anyway, right now it is ok between us. Im taking things one part at a time and will continue to see what happens with him. Ive been reading here some when I have a little break at work. Ok now this may come as a shock to DOLLY- but I have agreed with several things she said this week in response to various threads. The one I remember right now is where she said that codependency rears its ugly head when a person does not have their own life; their own responsibilities, work, volunteer work, hobbies or whatever. I think this is true. I have been thinking this week I have not had time to actually sit and ponder much about my boyfriend and his problems; when I get a break from work Im either tired, or trying to catch up on things that I need to do for myself. My boyfriend and I have been able to carve out some time to spend together’ wish it was more’ but that time together I don’t want to waste projecting and worrying you know.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

glad to hear the good news daisy! hang onto that serenity prayer. Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me
Old 02-09-2013, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for your BF on the 9 days clean. It's a big step, and I'm glad he has started his recovery. Also glad you have thought about what you can do for yourself.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.

Im glad he is trying and has someone to help him now. He has such potential, so many good things in his life already. I dont know what our furture holds because we are not at the lifetime commitment stage, but I want him to have a good life filled with wonderful things. I want that for me too - and Im keeping that in perspective in everything I do right now.