now my sister! what the heck! *venting again*

Old 02-06-2013, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry now my sister! what the heck! *venting again*

she has left her husband and child in las Vegas to move to Florida with her new BF. She stole $400 from my dad and now wants more money. Her husband is a good man and in the ministry. She does not plan on seeing her son until June. Any normal child would be freaking out, but he is autistic and really doesn't understand and has backslid in his development dramatically (stopped talking, started wetting his pants and is back in diapers, began negative stims again like banging his head and basically 4 years of development thrown out the window). Her STBXH is fighting her for full custody because she has squandered her $200,000 furtune in less than 12 months and cannot hold a job or apartment. She spends it all at the bar and the club and on shoes and purses. Talk about letting go!!!! my BF is one thing, this is my sister! flesh and blood. I told her husband Yes. I would testify in his favor. I love my nephew. I love my brother in law. It will break the relationship with her but I love her child more. Our mother was addicted to pain pills and I moved in with my dad because of it. I can't believe she is repeating the cycle. especially with such an emotionally fragile son. >=[
Old 02-08-2013, 10:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

and the begging for money has begun. I am so glad that I have found this place. I am so glad I met my ABF. If I had never met him I would be falling for my sisters hooks. she is most definitely in some kind of active addiction. I don't know if it is alcohol or drugs. well sh*t if I can deal with her then I can hopefully handle when/if he relapses and starts trying to manipulate me. I love her soooooo much more than him. she is 7 years older than me and took on the mother role when my mom disappeared when I was 12. My mom has been in recovery for at least 10 years now and is worried. ugh. this is the worst. one minute she is sweet and kind, the next angry. I am now ignoring her calls. I blocked her from email. I have not called her out on it. I am trying the broken record approach "oh Im sorry that must be hard, I know you will find a way." on the last call she made me so angry with her milk and honey manipulation that I started bible thumping her, something I try to never ever do to anyone. I hope she got the point. Im sure she has endless ways to lare me in. ugh. no contact. for sure. enough is enough. The only reason I didn't break contact with my ABF during relapse was because I really believed he was seeking recovery. she is not. will not be anytime soon. Im so mad that I could fly down to Florida and punch her in the face. ugh!!!! boys are boys. this one hurts. bad. worse than an addict boyfriend. this is family. this is my mother figure. this one hits home. hard. thanks for letting me vent >=[
Old 02-09-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm really sorry to hear about your sister and how she has decided to choose addiction over her son and family--I am also, sadly, not surprised.

Please don't hesitate to vent away here anytime you need! We get it!!

Many prayers and much love to you, your nephew and brother-in-law. I'm so glad your nephew has you in his life and on his side!

Many prayers, too, for your sister that she may finally find her way to a better future without addiction.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I too am sorry...perhaps this event will help you to see how damaging it is for children to be raised around addicts, your sister is a product of her enviornment and she may well have inherited the gene that predisposed her to addiction. Children, raised as you and she were, as adults have many, many issues...although we don't all become addicts, we can suffer from depression, imaturity, impulsivity, anger and a good 50% of us either marry or have relationships with "A's", not once but many times. You have children, think about this.

Vent away, remember the three "C's", keep your meetings up, if you need us, post.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My sister is out there too....
My mom has been raising her two boys as much as possible. It is truly heartwrenching.