soon to be ex wife of an addict

Old 02-01-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

soon to be ex wife of an addict

January 11 2013 marked the 1 year anniversary of the day i found out that my husband of. 20 years was cheating on me with a skank he met at an NA meeting. After such a long time trying to rebuild our relationship after realizing he was an addict and all of the endless nights waiting for my husband to come home after his meetings 90 in 90 and reading countless articles and books about recovery and how to be supportive this is what i got. I would like to take this opportunity to thank this "skank" for opening up my eyes.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry this happened to you It shows alot about your character for being supportive. Keep your head held high.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jami,

I'm sorry that this happened to you. After going through so much and then this happens? I wish that I could say I haven't heard of this happening before but I have.

I've long said that if we find ourselves involved with an addict that there is no reason not to hope for the best but to prepare for the worst....your case certainly points that out.

Even when the addict is out of your life you are still dealing with the repercussions of addiction and how it has damaged your life. Have you thought about meetings (Alanon or Naranon)? It is through recovery work that I finally began to understand me and why I would put up with so much. It also gave me the tools to change and move on.

Keep posting - hope that you will stick around.