Is direct confrontation best?

Old 01-28-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is direct confrontation best?

Just asking opinions, but my AW has stumbled. I think it was built around OTC drugs this time that just quit being as effective and then a doctor who was willing to make a call to the drug store without a visit before. All of that combined with me letting my guard down thinking she had made major steps and turned a corner.

I'm curious if direct one-on-one confrontation, line in the sand is the best approach or if willing it should be a group effort to try, again, to open her eyes.

I'm willing to give a little leeway because I want her to recover and be there for our little one's life....there's already been too much that's been missed on her part.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

When I was married to my EXAH I found that any kind of confrontation was useless when it came to me or anyone else confronting him about his drug use... All we got were lies and denial of him using... I had the bag of pills in my hand and he told me that he wasn't using them, they were not his, he was just selling them.. Like that made it all ok...

The conclusion I came too as well as his family.. Was to stop enabling him.. Work on yourself, get yourself into some meetings and draw your own line in the sand as to what you will and will not accept from your drug addicted spouse..

Sometimes an intervention works but you must be ready to hold strong to your ultimatums and boundaries if she doesn't want to seek treatment.. Often times an addict will agree to treatment just to get their loved ones off of their back.. She can go to all the rehabs and NA meetings available but if she is not ready to seek help for herself she will eventually resort back to using...

Focus on you and your little ones....