So what did you do today...

Old 01-26-2013, 09:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So what did you do today...

that had absolutely nothing to do with anyone's addiction problem?

Just thought we could focus on something good....like learning to dance in the rain...

I am watching my 2 year old grandson for the weekend and we had a wonderful day. It was so peaceful. It was a gorgeous day (I live in Florida) and we walked to the park. He is a slow walker so it was relaxing. He was worn out so took a long nap so I watched a movie. Then we went out again and did sidewalk chalk and I gave him a squirt bottle to play with. We did that for an hour. Later he just played while I watched some home shows like Love it or List It and House Hunters. We ate some popcorn together. GREAT day!

Kari
Old 01-27-2013, 01:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I went to go see les Miserables for the third time with my Betsie in the whole wide world, and we almost got kicked out for singing along with all of the songs at the top of our lungs, but we didn't care. Its an empowering story. It was awesome! we would wait until the manager would leave and start to sing again. was it rude of us? sure. wrong? maybe, but "do you hear the people sing? singing the song of angry men. Its the music of a people who will not be slaves again. when the beating of your heart echoes the beating of the drums there's a new life about to begin when tomorrow comes!!" How could we not!?!?!?! especially with all that we are going through individually in her life and mine.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lily1918 View Post
I went to go see les Miserables for the third time with my Betsie in the whole wide world, and we almost got kicked out for singing along with all of the songs at the top of our lungs, but we didn't care. Its an empowering story. It was awesome! we would wait until the manager would leave and start to sing again. was it rude of us? sure. wrong? maybe, but "do you hear the people sing? singing the song of angry men. Its the music of a people who will not be slaves again. when the beating of your heart echoes the beating of the drums there's a new life about to begin when tomorrow comes!!" How could we not!?!?!?! especially with all that we are going through individually in her life and mine.
I suppose I'd better check that out. Lol!

Kari
Old 01-27-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KariSue View Post
I suppose I'd better check that out. Lol!

Kari
be forewarned song parts are VERY sad, but the story overall is one of hope and joy I cry buckets of tears every time
Old 01-27-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Was that YOU? You ruined the whole movie for me. I am demaning a refund now!!

Old 01-27-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Im sad to see no shares on this thread. come on codies!!!! you had to do something.... brush your teeth? take a shower? eat a good meal? something...
Old 01-27-2013, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

My neighbors son turned 5 today. I was invited to the party...it was a mad house, yet
fun!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I left my glove box open by mistake and drained my car battery. I had it jumped only to find out it wont hold a charge now. So I am off to go get a new battery in the morning. I also washed all my bedding. Uneventful weekend but overall peaceful.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have a possible job offer coming! a "real" job!!!! being a personal assistant to an accountant. bye bye waitressing forever. I hope.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
One day at a time

I shopped for groceries! Ate a great meal, saw my mom.

Fantastically peaceful day.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I went clothes shopping with my mom !!! While my son entertained his daddy and his grandpa as they 'tried' to spend the afternoon watching sports. And we did not feel the least bit guilty !
Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I worked on a collage today - trying out new paint, transfer and embedding techniques (and it turned out great). Then I started work on a wrap bracelet for my best friend made with pearls and black leather. Yummy!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

ZUMBA!!!!! yay!
Old 01-29-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

ZUMBA!!!!! yay!
I got some Zumba dvd's and am teaching myself. Maybe I'll go to classes when I kind of get it down. Usually in a class type situation everyone else is going right when I'm going left so I gotta practice a little first, lol.

Kari
Old 01-29-2013, 03:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I had an uneventful day yesterday (which is a good thing). I made a copykat recipe of Sweet Tomatoes' restaurant soup Tomato and Onion. Yummy.

Kari

P.S. We don't have to do anything spectacular. Just a drama less day is a great day sometimes.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tjp613 View Post
I worked on a collage today - trying out new paint, transfer and embedding techniques (and it turned out great). Then I started work on a wrap bracelet for my best friend made with pearls and black leather. Yummy!
That is cool. I dabble a little bit with art but always thought myself not artistic in any way. My daughter encouraged me to do some abstract though and it is fun.

My granddaughter is artistic so for Christmas I got her some real canvases (she is 7), paint, etc. Then we had an art session. That was very special. I don't think I'm really gonna get into abstract art. I need it to 'look like something', lol. I do enjoy looking at abstract art though so I guess it would be really cool to paint one that turns out great. The doing of it was fun though.

Kari
Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I started a new job today, which was great.Went surfing after work for 2hrs then went for a 5km run, then cooked my wonderful wife and boys lasagna for dinner and followed that with my Tuesday night AA meeting. what a great Day better go to bed now so I can do it all over again. So much better than waking up feeling like hell working hungover wishing I hadn't drank so much only to finish work and drink myself to sleep again. I love being sober
Old 01-29-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KariSue View Post
That is cool. I dabble a little bit with art but always thought myself not artistic in any way. My daughter encouraged me to do some abstract though and it is fun.

My granddaughter is artistic so for Christmas I got her some real canvases (she is 7), paint, etc. Then we had an art session. That was very special. I don't think I'm really gonna get into abstract art. I need it to 'look like something', lol. I do enjoy looking at abstract art though so I guess it would be really cool to paint one that turns out great. The doing of it was fun though.

Kari
Try not to focus on what you can't do and focus on what you can do and what brings you pleasure. I make collages only for myself without a worry about what anyone else thinks of it. I play with the different mediums and use printed images and phrases (good and bad) to express whatever is on my mind.

It's cheap and it keeps my hands busy! It engages that part of the brain where time stands still. It's like a vacation!

Take a class or look at any of the tons of instructional videos on You Tube to get inspired!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberDan View Post
I started a new job today, which was great.Went surfing after work for 2hrs then went for a 5km run, then cooked my wonderful wife and boys lasagna for dinner and followed that with my Tuesday night AA meeting.
WHEW!!! That's a LOT of activity for one day!!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I started wading into something at work that I don't know how to do & am afraid to try. Hopeful that if I do it a few days in a row it begin to make sense....I've been procrastinating on it for weeks!