Not until I read your posts...

Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thank you for coming back to share!

You are shining! It's amazing how fast the time is going and how much you have healed. Makes me really smile!

I'm glad you post here on F&F. There are so many here that will be helped by knowing there is hope.

Peace,
Hanna
Old 03-23-2013, 12:44 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hello Family!!!

Just checking in with you all. 57 wonderful days CLEAN! On Monday I get my beautiful green key tag. I am excited. Man, have I been busy. Haven't had time to do my laundry, I've been working my butt off. The last week and a half I've only been able to make it physically to 3 meetings but, on days I absolutely can't make it I call two of the guys in my group on 3 way and we have a meeting on the phone during my lunch or dinner break. It's actually pretty cool. We take turns reading out of our little white book and I have my "Just for Today" book downloaded on my phone. Then we each share for a bit and close with the serenity prayer. I look forward to it when I know my workload wont permit me to venture out. I've missed my home group two weeks strait now(they are on Thursdays), but I managed to make it to Outback for food yesterday to catch up with a few that I don't talk to much. We all go out to dinner after the meeting(my favorite part of my week when I can make it). And my home group is huge. Attendance is usually in the 85-140 range, and about 40 of us go for food after. The server at outback is a home group member and she always gets our party. She has a lil over 10 years clean.

I'm noticing on my good days I don't pick up the phone and reach out much like when I'm really going through something. It's tuff you know? When everything is ok I catch myself thinking I got this handled. NOT GOOD!!! That is a bit of the ego popping out so I am working on that diligently. In fact, I think I said something similar in one of my previous post so it really is something I need to work on.

I know it doesn't sound like much but I have finished my 3rd step(after working on them over and over and over and over, lol). My sponsor said I am ready to move to the 4th. I hate to say it but, it's not something I look forward to putting down on paper.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know I am still working the program hard and really enjoying where I am at now-a-days. With another day clean anything is possible! And that statement has really rung true for me. I hope all of you are doing great and want you all to know I think about you all very often. I want to get back to posting at least every other day. It really is nice to hear from you all, too. Very encouraging to say the least.

With love and blessings,
GuideMe
Old 03-23-2013, 12:49 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Sorry for the double post but, I just saw that this thread has over 3,000 views. WOW! I hope I am sharing hope and helping others by sharing. That actually really means a lot. It makes me want to help and share even more.

GuideMe
Old 03-23-2013, 12:09 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

GuideMe -- wow. I came to the forum a little while after this thread originally made it's debut and I'm so glad you came to update it and bump it to the top so I could read it.

I woke up at like 5 in the morning this morning and came to the forum via my phone while I was still in bed and I started at the very beginning of this thread and read the entire thing before I eventually was able to fall back asleep.

It was absolutely AMAZING to read your sharing about your early days of sobriety - your insights, your challenges, your strength, your courage, your commitment...

<deep sigh>

It's one of the most incredible things I feel like I've had a privilege to read here on this board in the month that I've been here. And certainly one of the most honest thing I've ever experienced.

THANK YOU for sharing and being so willing.

In one of my recent AL Anon meetings, we talked about step 4 and how willingness to get help can be seen as one of our best character traits.

I really liked thinking about that because I've definitely dived into Al Anon seeing how much I needed help. And with each of your updates in the thread here as I read through, I was struck by your willingness. Just incredible.

Thank you for your shining example and story of hope. I obviously don't know you, but that doesn't stop me from loving you!

Thank you thank you thank you. You're a miracle and a blessing!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

You can consider this an early step towards Step 12 GuideMe! A genuine community service in the Hope Department for all of us here, regardless of where we are on the path. Thank you and godspeed.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:35 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Two months clean is fantastic!

Thank you for allowing us to walk with you.....

gentle hugs
ke
Old 03-23-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I believe we also starting coming to this site about the same time. I'm so proud of you and the work you are doing. Your posts give us hope. This is why I incorporate an open AA meeting into my week in addition to al-anon. I appreciate the honesty in the AA group and how open they all are in how they got there, their struggles, and their commitment to improving their lives. I find it so inspiring and although they don't all know it I feel like turning cartwheels for them when they reach their milestones. I love knowing my son could have this if he ever chooses. Thank you for sharing with us. I do believe we are all turning cartwheels for YOU today!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:32 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hello. Trying to make good on my "posting every other day" statement. Tomorrow I have off thank God and I get my 60 day tag!!! Very exciteted. I am exhausted. I intend on sleeping like a rock tonight. I just got my calls for this week though and it seems like once again I will be missing my home group on Thursday. 3 weeks in a row has really bummed me out to say the least.

Shinebright7, Kindeyes, GardenMama, Lizwig...

Thank you for your extremely nice words. They mean more then you might realize.

With love and blessings,
GuideMe
Old 03-24-2013, 10:26 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Guideme you are FABULOUS. God bless you!!!thanks
Old 03-25-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

GM,
I have just now read your story, and I, as a mom of an AS, am in awe of you and your hard work and honesty. So thankful for your amazing progress! You are a blessing to this forum.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
watching the clouds roll away

GuideMe - I just happened upon this thread and I must say it makes my heart happy to read about your progress.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Just drop in to say happy Easter to you all. Hope everything is good for you all too. Got my 60 day tag this past Monday! Today is 65 wonderful clean days. Where in the world has the time gone?

With love and blessings,
GuideMe.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Happy Easter, GuideMe, and CONGRATULATIONS - that's AWESOME!!!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:46 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Happy Easter! Proud of you!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Hello my friends,

Still awake, can't sleep. Just one of those nights. 69 days today! With another day clean, any thing is possible!!!!

Hope you all are doing amazing.

With love and blessings,
GuideMe
Old 04-04-2013, 05:40 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

69 days!!!! Wow!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hope all is well. 77 days today. 13 more and I get my red tag. "A little blood back in the dope stream," is the saying around my part. Can't wait. Work is going great. Busy as always. I could really use a break but, I will get that soon enough once season drops off in the middle of next month. Just got home from dinner after my home group. I haven't been able to make my Thursday meeting in a month. It felt so good to see everyone and catch up. Sadly to say there were a lot of white key tags picked up, not for the new comers but, for relapses. People I thought were on the up and up. It just showed me how dangerous it is. But I commend them for being brave enough to stand up and admit it to everyone. It's just really sad. Starting my 5th step this week. My sponsor finally said he was happy the way I have spoke, written, and "applied" my first three and my honesty and openness in my 4th. I was very supprised at what i found out about myself. I liked a lot of it a really hated myself for most of it. Truth hurts i guess. I just trust in my sponsor that im not working these through to fast. Anyway, I hope you all are doing great and thanks again for all the support you show me. It means the world.

Love you all,
GuideMe.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:21 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

And wow, almost 4,000 views. That is darn near half the amount of the stickies. If anyone ever wants to talk to me privately, please feel free to send me a PM and I will answer/discuss anything you wish to know. I would love to help.

With Love and Blessings,
GuideMe.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Congratulations, GuideMe. You have much to be proud of.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
The Long and Winding Road....

I know 4 myself that being parred down 2 the bone by addiction is a good place 2 start and the emotional devastation when we see our wreckage motivates us 2 get well.lean in2 us and know deeply that u r not alone
peace dear friend and welcome
v