He is home

Old 01-23-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He is home

He got out of detox monday. He has an appointment for an IOP next Monday. They only do intakes on Mondays and this past was a holiday. I am trying to stay out of the way. He has been going to meetings and I have been going to mine. He paid $1000 towards back rent and gave me his bank cards (so I can pay bills as he wasnt). I am scared. I was at a meeting Sunday night and a girl shared how her boyfriend of 6 years just OD'ed and die. This is no joke. I want to love every sober monent I have with him because I dont know when or if those moments will end. I know I will be ok no matter what happens but this is terrifying.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I hear the fear in your post, it's easy for me to recognize it because I lived in fear every day of my life for years.

What I learned is that worry won't change the outcome, but it will eat us alive if we let it.

I learned that fear of tomorrow robs me of all the joy in today.

I learned that faith that life will unfold the way it is supposed to is much better than living in fear.

Even bad days bring their own strangely wrapped gifts. From living with my son's addiction,
I found the gifts of compassion, acceptance and faith that God could do for him what I could not.

Embrace the day and find joy in the good times. Protect yourself and be realistic about "what is". "What will be" is not ours to control.

Hugs
Old 01-23-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending hugs and prayers of support your way.......(don't forget to breathe).

gentle hugs
ke
Old 01-23-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is extremely hard to not play 'what if' and live in the moment. Try not to worry about tomorrow, enjoy today.

I let worries over my EXAH and now my AS take over my life. No longer.
(((huggs)))