Update on JJ

Old 01-12-2013, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on JJ

Hello everyone, I haven't posted in a while since my son was arrested because my drama has a temporary halt. It has been a good few months. I have seen JJ in jail almost weekly since September and he seems to be doing okay. His release date is February 10 and his Public Defender office is committed to finding a place for him. I did hit a temporary speed bump last Tuesday. JJ was moved from the "lower security" to the "high security" cells and when I called to find out why he wasn't eligible for visits, apparently he violated some rule. My suspcion is fighting.
The good news is how I am reacting to this. Normally, the Codie in me would be freaking out and imagining the worst. Losing sleep and drinking too much.
I realized however that....
I did not cause this, I cannot cure this and I cannot control this.
If my son chooses after 4 months in jail to start some nonsense, then he can deal with his consequences. He cannot see us this weekend nor can he call.
I am not worried about this because IT IS OUT OF MY CONTROL!!!
And, I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!
Oh, and the idiot got an eyebrow piercing a few weeks ago, which is horrifying to any Mom LOL.
Just checking in to let everyone know, I feel this is a victory for me. I am not getting involved in the consequences of his choices. I do love him dearly, and I emailed him that due to whatever has occured for him to be moved to high security and no visits has caused our visit this week to be cancelled.
HIS choice. I can sleep in instead of shlepping my way to the jail 2 hours away. LOL.
God Bless our community.
Love
TT
Old 01-12-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to hear from you, I couldn't help but lol at the piercing my oldest AS always got tattoos and some were on his face EEK...

You sound really good
Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Your son may have done nothing wrong at all. He could of been just defending himself. Jails are not "summer camps", treatment centers or sober living environments. Frequently, addicts learn the hard way that they are fairly low on the totem pole in jail. Addicts use to conning & stealing from family members & friends find it much harder to do against more experienced hardened criminals. However, jails/prisons are consequences of active addiction.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just wanted you to know that I have kept up with your posts about JJ, and he is often in my prayers.

I have to ask this question, how do they get piercings and tattoos while in jail?
I dont know anything about jail really, but I thought they were not permitted to have "the tools" that would be needed to do these things? And I cant imagine its a service provided by the state. lol.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Wow, Look at you! You go girl!! I pray the new found "peace" you have is spreading throughout your family and repairing the pain that addiction creates.

Now, its time for a nice romantic night with your husband.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Teresa
Thanks for the update on JJ. It's funny how their actions can create an initial knee jerk internal reaction from us. I have to stop and think when I feel that "feeling" and get my head screwed on again. Glad you were able to do it quickly! Ha! They give us lots of practice, don't they!

Tattoos and piercings......oh well. The piercing can be removed if he wants to.....the tattoos are always another matter. My son has a tattoo of a lifesized sheathed knife on his calf.....huh? I don't get it but I guess it's not mine to "get". At least it's easily covered up with long pants...lol. I've also wondered how they can get piercings or tattoos in jail/prison. It would take a sharp implement.....they could put an eye out with that......wow....that was a "mother" thing to say, wasn't it? lol

This leaves you a free weekend to do whatever you want to do......so what are you going to do with yourself?

You and your dear son are always in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 01-13-2013, 08:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update. So happy to hear that you're hanging in there and working your recovery.

Prayers added to those of the rest for your son, family, and you. Have a peaceful Sunday.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Teresa. You and your family are always in my prayers.

My son got penalized for walking on the wrong side of the hallway and coming too close to a guard!! There are SO many rules that could have been broken -- it could be something very small. My AS said the guards were SO overworked with mandatory overtime due to staff cutbacks that they had zero tolerance for any kind of BS at all. Can you imagine the stress of working in that environment all the time?? Good lawd!! So, no need to think the worst...the guard could have just been having a bad day OR they may have moved him for his own protection.

Yep, my AS gave himself a tattoo on his wrist -- a candy skull. It's small but will be there forever. I was so proud that he had made it to the ripe age of 22 without any tats at all.....and then he went to jail and gave himself a permanent reminder of the crappiest time of his life. <rolling eyes> Oh well!!

Hope you enjoyed your weekend off! Do anything special?
Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the advice. On the note of how they do piercing and tattoos, it is all part of their internal "marketplace" of services and goods. JJ got the piercing implement from some guy who had it previously on his body. I didn't ask much more, it is too gross to even think of! The ugly POS is like a small gypsy hoop that has a spear tip so I guess they numbed the skin and poked away.

I know he is still better off in the jail than when he was out on the streets. I keep looking forward to Feb 10 when he will be out so that his actions will tell all his true intentions.
Everyone have an amazing day, it is super cold for San Diego today (48 degrees high), so most likely hanging out under my blankie catching up on my fave TV shows!
Blessings to everyone
Love
TT
Old 01-13-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by allforcnm View Post
Just wanted you to know that I have kept up with your posts about JJ, and he is often in my prayers.

I have to ask this question, how do they get piercings and tattoos while in jail?
I dont know anything about jail really, but I thought they were not permitted to have "the tools" that would be needed to do these things? And I cant imagine its a service provided by the state. lol.
They use the ink out of ink pens for the tattoos I have no clue how they do it though.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

From this mama's heart to yours, I am sending big hugs. You are doing so well and your son remains in my prayers. We just never know what their turning point will be, but often they find it in the strangest places...like jail.

Well done, I hope you and your hubby had a wonderful weekend.

Hugs