Update on my life

Old 12-29-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on my life

I found this forum when my meth addicted husband was in prison. He had gotten into trouble, went to jail, but got probation. Because of continued failed drug tests (couldn't stay away from the meth) his prison sentence was activated. Before this, he had been to 3 rehabs. I thought each time .. this will change him. I thought if I just stood by him and did this or that, he would change. Thanks to this site, reading all the wonderful posts of support, and by me reading books recommended here... like co-dependant no more... when he came home from prison and relapsed over and over again... I was able to end it. I wanted a better life for my kids and for me.

It took calling 911 and them helping make him leave... he was drunk too and acting violent. He moved on with a girl he met at the drug dealers. They have a baby now. He was jobless when he left and from what I hear still is. My son was in the hospital and he showed up. His face looks funny from the meth. Like he's had a stroke or something. He talks like a cartoon character. It is sad.

We had been separated a little over three years when
I prayed for a boyfriend for Christmas last year. I had a list of what I wanted in a man and of course there were things I didn't want...

We had out 1st date the day before Christmas Eve. My divorce went through the first of May. My ex got served on his birthday. Ha! My new husband and I got married in June. He is wonderful. And is an answer to everything on my "list". After all I've been through with the ex, it's hard to believe things can be this good. There is hope! Keep the faith!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's amazing how much life can change in a relatively short period of time. Having a loving, kind, HEALTHY, non-addicted husband is like night and day isn't it? I'm happy for you! May you enjoy many joyful years with your new husband!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-29-2012, 06:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

And thanks so much to each one here who saw me through my darkest times. You are special gems that will never be forgotten!

Old 12-29-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I love a happy update! Thank you and Congratulations.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations Ray!
Old 12-31-2012, 11:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I couldn't help but notice your location ....."wishin' I was on the beach"

(You ARE on the beach,Babe!! --- soak'in up those rays of sunshine!!!)

-Thank you for your update,and your kindness in returning to SR to share
your joy! It is a marker of high character.

I can guarantee your message brings hope for a better day to more people than you
know.Sometimes we at SR are like French resistance fighters in 1941.....meeting in cold
shacks,whispering of hope to each other as we plan our counterattacks whilst freezing
our asses off!

Your post is like the high order detonation of a sabotaged Nazi munitions train.....

(doomed by our handiwork)

It warms the face and the soul.Thank you on this last day of 2012.